Bangladesh Premier League Prediction (BPL 2019): Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers
December 11, 2019
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Defending champions, Comilla Warriors take on Rangpur Rangers in the second game of the Bangladesh Premier League 2019-20.
Comilla Warriors hold the best winning percentage in the BPL history. They have won 33 of the 52 games they have played. They have won the BPL title 2 despite playing just 4 editions and only once have they failed to progress past the group stage.
They face BPL 2017 winners Rangpur Rangers, who failed at the play-offs stage last time out. The Rangers have won 35 out of the 65 games played.
Cumilla Warriors’s performance in BPL 2019:
Cumilla Warriors are the defending champions coming into BPL7 as they beat Dhaka Dynamites in the final which made it two trophies from the four editions they have participated in and they will have the respected Ottis Gibson coaching them this time around.
Mohammad Saifuddin was a key man for them in their title win last time as he took 20 wickets in 13 matches but the all-rounder has a back problem and misses the tournament while the roster overall has undergone significant changes and does not look to possess the same quality.
Soumya Sarkar, Al-Amin Hossain and Sabbir Rahman are the key local players although they have an impressive set of overseas’ stars with big-hitting Sri Lanka duo Dasun Shanaka and Bhanuka Rajapaksa, who are joined by Dawid Malan, Kusal Perera and star Afghan spinner Mujeeb Ur Rahman although only Malan and Mujeeb are available for this opening game.
Rangpur Rangers’s performance in BPL 2019:
Rangpur Rangers will be coached by Kiwi T20 specialist Mark O’Donnell and after winning the fifth edition of the tournament, they could only manage third last time so they will be aiming for better here.
They made a dreadfully slow start to the tournament last time as they lost four of their first six matches before winning the next six in the group to move into the knockouts, so they will be hoping for a much better start.
They can count on Mustafizur Rahman, Arafat Sunny and Taskin Ahmed to form a formidable local bowling attack that is boosted by quality all-rounders Mohammad Nabi and Lewis Gregory, while they will have high hopes from big-hitters Mohammad Shehzad and Cameron Delport although the latter is unavailable due to commitments in the Mzansi Super League.
Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers Predicted Line-up:
Dawid Malan, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Al-Amin Hossain, Dasun Shanaka, Abu Hider Rony, Yasir Ali, Sunzamul Islam, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fardeen Hasan, Sumon Khan.
Nadif Chowdhury, Mohammad Nabi, Mohammad Shahzad, Jahurul Islam, Lewis Gregory, Arafat Sunny, Taskin Ahmed, Cameron Delport, Mustafizur Rahman, Fazle Mahmud, Mohammad Naim.
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
144 domestic T20 games have been played at Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka.
Teams batting first have won 69 while the chasing team have won 74 games.
Average first innings score is 147.
Cumilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers: Today's Match Prediction
- Comilla Warriors hold the best winning percentage in the BPL history. They have won 33 of the 52 games they have played. They have won the BPL title 2 despite playing just 4 editions and only once have they failed to progress past the group stage.
- Comilla Warriors beat Rangpur Rangers by 8 wickets in the last game they played in BPL 2018-19. However, they have lost 3 of the 5 head to head games between the sides.
- Rangpur Rangers’ captain Mohammad Nabi had finished his debut season in the BPL as Sylhet Royals’ leading wicket-taker with 18 wickets.
- Warriors’ Sabbir Rahman is the 5th highest rungetter in the tournament. His tally of 1397 is just 86 short of Shakib-al-Hassan’s total and he would be keeping an eye on going clear of the banned all-rounder. He is the 2nd highest 6 hitter in the tournament (62), behind ofcourse, Chris Gayle (120).
- Rangers’ Taskin Ahmed has a strike rate of 14.5- 3rd best in the tournament. He picked up 22 wickets in BPL 2018-19.