Big Bash League Predictions 2019: Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes
December 22, 2019
Ted Summerton Reserve, Victoria
The 8th match of Big Bash 2019-20 will be played between Melbourne Stars and Hobart Hurricanes at a neutral ground on Sunday. Melbourne Stars are coming on the back of a 22-run win over Brisbane Heat in the BBL 2019-20 opener.
Hobart Hurricanes, on the other hand, registered a 25-run win to begin their Big Bash League 2019-20 campaign on a positive note.
Melbourne Stars performance in Big Bash League:
Captain Glenn Maxwell played scored 83 runs off 39 balls after the Stars top order returned to the pavilion cheaply against Brisbane Heat.
All-rounders Nic Maddinson and Marcus Stoinis will most likely will be given the duties to provide Melbourne Stars a quick start.
The Stars will also hope Ben Dunk and Peter Handscomb handle the innings in the middle order.
Adam Zampa picked 3 wickets while Daniel Worrall bagged 2 wickets in the Stars’ win against Brisbane Heat. They played a key role in defending a 167-run target as they gave just 51 runs in their combined 8 overs.
Hobart Hurricanes performance in Big Bash League:
D’Arcy Short continued his Big Bash 2018-19 season form as the last year’s top run scorer began his campaign with a 51-run inning against Sydney Sixers. But the Hurricanes batsmen disappointed as they could put just 129 runs on the scoreboard despite the fifty from Short.
Man of the match Qais Ahmad picked four wickets and gave just 12 runs in his 4 overs against the Sixers. All-rounders James Faulkner and Simon Milenko also played an important role in defending the 130 runs target and both picked up 2 wickets each as the Hurricanes all out Sydney Sixers at 104.
The Hurricanes will hope to see some fireworks from South African hard-hitter David Miller and a consistent inning from experienced George Baily.
Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes Predicted line-up:
Nic Maddinson, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Peter Handscomb (wk), Glenn Maxwell (c), Ben Dunk, Clint Hinchliffe, Adam Zampa, Daniel Worrall, Haris Rauf, Sandeep Lamichhane.
D Arcy Short, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott (wk), David Miller, George Bailey, Simon Milenko, James Faulkner, Nathan Ellis, Qais Ahmad, Clive Rose, Riley Meredith
Pitch Report for today's BBL:
It will be the only match of Big Bash 2019-20 to be played at Ted Summerton Reserve, Victoria.
Only 1 match was played at the venue during the Big Bash 2018-19 which was won by Melbourne Stars against Adelaide Strikers.
The Stars defended their 167 total by sending back the Strikers to the pavilion after conceding 123 runs in 19.4 overs.
Melbourne Stars vs Hobart Hurricanes: Today's Match Prediction
- Ben Dunk and Marcus Stoinis scored half centuries at the same venue last season and were involved in a 113-run opening partnership in just 13.4 overs. Stoinis also picked 3 wickets in that match.
- D Arcy Short scored 51 runs at a strike rate of 127.50 against Sydney Sixers. His inning included 5 fours and a maximum.
- Qais Ahmad picked four wickets and gave just 12 runs in his 4 overs against Sydney Sixers.
- 3 of the 6 bowlers Hobart Hurricanes used against Sydney Sixers had the economy of less than 4.
- Glenn Maxwell scored 83 runs off 39 balls at a strike rate of 212.82 against Brisbane Heat. His inning included 7 fours and 5 maximums.
- Adam Zampa picked 3 wickets while giving away 30 runs in his 4 overs against Brisbane Heat.