Big Bash League Predictions 2019: Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat
Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
Sydney Sixers will welcome Brisbane Heat on Sunday in the 9th match of Big Bash 2019-20.
After a positive beginning to BBL 2019-20, Sydney Sixers lost their second match of the campaign to Hobart Hurricanes. The Sixers will be hoping to revert themselves back on winning track following a 24-run loss to the Hurricanes.
Meanwhile, Brisbane Heat are still in search of their first point of Big Bash 2019-20 after playing 2 games. Brisbane lost their season opener to Sydney Thunder by 29 runs while failed to chase 168 runs against Melbourne Stars on Friday.
Sydney Sixers performance in Big Bash League:
Sydney Sixers struggled to chase just 130 runs target after their impressive bowling performance against Hobart Hurricanes. Wicket-keeper opener Josh Philippe, who scored astonishing 81 runs off 44 balls against Perth Scorchers, was once again the Sixers top batsman against the Hurricanes and scored 24 runs.
The Sixers will hope more from England star James Vince and skipper Moises Henriques at No 3 and 4.
Hayden Kerr and Tom Curran are expected to continue their all-rounders role.
Sean Abbott picked 3 wickets against the Stars and will be pivotal if the Sixers want to turn the odds in their favour. Ben Dwarshuis and Ben Manenti will also be equally important in the Sixers bowling unit.
Brisbane Heat’s performance in Big Bash League:
Tom Banton scored 64 runs off 36 balls at a strike rate of 177.78 against Melbourne Stars. But his opening partner Max Bryant and skipper Chris Lynn at 3 failed to perform again.
Matt Renshaw played a 39-run innings but they kept losing wickets at the other end and fell short by 22 runs against the Stars despite playing with an extra batsmen in wicket-keeper Jimmy Peirson.
Brisbane Heat would hope for more form all-rounder Ben Cutting and Josh Lalor.
Ben Laughlin and Mitchell Swepson will be leading the Heat’s bowling unit.
Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat Predicted line-up:
Josh Philippe (wk), Daniel Hughes, James Vince, Moises Henriques, Jordan Silk, Hayden Kerr, Tom Curran, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Ben Manenti, Lloyd Pope
Tom Banton, Max Bryant, Chris Lynn (c), Matt Renshaw, Sam Heazlett, Ben Cutting, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Josh Lalor, Mitchell Swepson, Ben Laughlin, Zahir Khan
Pitch Report for today's BBL:
Sydney Sixers chased down 132 runs with 5 overs remaining in the 1st match of the BBL 2019-20 played at Sydney Cricket Ground.
Total 7 matches were played in the 2018-19 Big Bash League season at the venue and 5 of them were won by the chasing team.
145 was the average 1st inning score during the 2018-19 Big Bash League season.
Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat: Today's Match Prediction
- Tom Banton scored 64 runs of 36 balls at a strike rate of 177.78 against Melbourne Stars. His inning included 6 fours and 4 sixes.
- Matt Renshaw scored 39 runs and picked a wicket while giving away just 2 runs in the only over he bowled against Melbourne Stars.
- All the 6 bowlers Brisbane Heat used against Melbourne Stars picked up a wicket each.
- Sean Abbott picked 3 wickets while giving away just 20 runs in the 4 overs against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Ben Manenti picked 2 wickets and scored 22 runs against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Both teams have won 5 times each in their 10 Big Bash clashes so far.
- Ben Laughlin is 4 wickets far from equalising Cameron Boyce record of 43 wickets as the franchise’s highest wicket-taker.