Big Bash League Predictions: Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder, Eliminator
January 30, 2020, Bellerive Oval, Hobart
After managing to scrape through to the play-offs, Hobart Hurricanes and Sydney Thunder take on each other in the first play-offs game of Big Bash 2019-20. A defeat for either side will see them get knocked out. Meanwhile, the winner will face Adelaide Strikers in another knockout game.
Hurricanes are coming on the back of a 10-run win over Adelaide Strikers. Meanwhile, Sydney Thunder lost their last game by 7 wickets.
The head to head between both sides stand even this season, with both sides winning one game each.
Hobart Hurricanes performance in Big Bash League:
After turning the tide brilliantly in their favour in the last phase, the Hurricanes will be keen to make that count. They have lost just 1 of their last 5 games.
Matthew Wade has scored half-centuries in their last 2 games. Meanwhile, D Arcy Short did well to bounce from a duck to score 72 runs in the last game against Adelaide Strikers.
In fact, short has been fantastic since his return from India. Even in the game that he was dismissed for 0, he had picked up 5 wickets.
Hobart Hurricanes predicted XI:
George Bailey, Matthew Wade (c), David Miller, James Faulkner, Scott Boland, Clive Rose, Ben McDermott (wk), D Arcy Short, Qais Ahmad, Macalister Wright, Nathan Ellis
Sydney Thunder performance in Big Bash League:
Thunder are coming on the back of a 7-wicket win over Perth Scorchers in their last game which saw DL method help decide the winner. Alex Hales scored 47 runs in that game to seal the win.
Meanwhile, they had lost to Hurricanes in the game before that by 57 runs, despite Alex Hales’ heroics.
Daniel Sams has been exceptional in the tournament, picking up 25 wickets.
Sydney Thunder predicted XI:
Callum Ferguson (c), Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Chris Morris, Gurinder Sandhu, Alex Ross, Jay Lenton (wk), Arjun Nair, Liam Bowe, Daniel Sams, Jonathan Cook
BBL Match: Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder Prediction
- Thunder have one just 1 of their last 3 games.
- Hurricanes have won their last 3 games.
- Wade and Short added 203 runs for the opening wicket in their last game
- Daniel Sams is the Big Bash 2019-20 top wicket-taker at the moment. He has 25 wickets from 14 games. Meanwhile, Chris Morris has taken 15 wickets for Thunder.
- Scott Boland is Hurricanes’ best bowler, which shows exactly why they are struggling. Bolan has just 14 wickets from 9 games, 11 less than Sams.
- Matthew Wade has been Thunder’s leading run scorer- with 337 runs despite playing just 8 games. D Arcy Short has also played only 8 games and he has scored 320 runs.
- Thunder’s Alex Hales has 449 runs. He is level with Shaun Marsh in the top getter list. He is joint second at the moment. Callum Ferguson is next in line with 335 runs, followed by Usman Khawaja, 296 runs.