Big Bash League Predictions: Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers
January 18, 2020, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Melbourne Stars host Perth Scorchers in BBL 2019-20 on Saturday. The Stars are way ahead of all the other teams in this season’s BBL and have almost qualified for the play-offs with 4 matches to go. They have steamrolled every opposition on their way and have a huge lead in the points table.
Meanwhile, Perth Scorchers are coming on the back of a defeat against the same opponent on Wednesday which ended their impressive run of three consecutive wins. The Scorchers are caught up in the mid-table battle and will look to win every match to stay ahead of the other teams from now on. Perth Scorchers will be carrying the scars of their morale crushing defeat in the last match.
Melbourne Stars performance in Big Bash League:
Melbourne Stars have been hugely unchallenged this season so far. Marcus Stoinis has been away ahead of all the other batsmen in the season with 517 runs at a strike rate of 134 with 4 fifties and a century so far. Glenn Maxwell has been scoring runs at a rapid pace and is among the top 5 run-scorers. He has 316 runs at a strike rate of mind-boggling 170+ with 3 fifties. Maxwell has also contributed with the ball taking 5 wickets.
Hilton Cartwright and Nick Larkin have come up with vital cameos with very little chances they get. Sandeep Lamichhame and Jackson Coleman shared 5 wickets between them and helped to bowl out Perth Scorchers for 86 runs when they last met.
Haris Rauf is having a dream season. He has picked 16 wickets at an economy rate of 6.9 RPO. He will be looking to continue his purple patch and get more wickets to further improve his wickets tally.
Melbourne Stars predicted XI:
Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Ben Dunk, Glenn Maxwell, Seb Gotch (wk), Nick Larkin, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Daniel Worrall, Jackson Coleman, Haris Rauf, Sandeep Lamichhane
Perth Scorchers performance in Big Bash League:
Perth Scorchers suffered a roadblock after morale crushing loss against Stars. Mitchell Marsh and Josh Inglis are the batsmen in form for their team and have scored over 300 runs so far. Cameron Bancroft and Liam Livingstone have contributed with vital runs in the middle order with crucial cameos.
Josh Inglis was the lone batsmen who scored more than 10 runs in the previous match. He scored 37 runs off 19 balls despite other players crumbling like nine pins.
Jhye Richardson has 13 wickets at an economy of 7.3 RPO. He is peaking at the right moment and has found his swing and rhythm off late. We can expect him to bamboozle batsmen with the new ball.
Perth Scorchers predicted XI:
Josh Inglis (wk), Liam Livingstone, Cameron Bancroft, Mitchell Marsh (c), Cameron Green, Tim David, Jaron Morgan, Chris Jordan, Jhye Richardson, Joel Paris, Fawad Ahmed
It will be fourth of the five games to be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne during Big Bash League 2019-20.
Melbourne Stars have won all those 3 games, 2 while chasing and 1 while defending.
Off the 13 T20I played at the venue, 5 have been won by team batting first, 7 by the team chasing total while one ended in no result.
139 is the average 1st inning score while 131 is the average 2nd inning score.
184/3 is the highest total recorded while even as low as 74 has also been defended at the venue.
3 of the 5 games played at the venue last season were won by the team batting first.
Big Bash League Predictions: Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder
- Marcus Stoinis has been away ahead of all the other batsmen in the season with 517 runs at a strike rate of 134 with 4 fifties and century so far.
- Glenn Maxwell has scored 316 runs at a strike rate of mind-boggling 170+ this season with 3 fifties to his name. Maxwell has also contributed with the ball taking 5 wickets. He is 5th in the batting charts.
- Haris Rauf has picked 16 wickets in 7 innings at an economy rate of 6.9 RPO and is 2nd in the Big Bash League bowling charts.
- Mitchell Marsh has scored 354 runs in 10 innings at a strike rate of almost 152 and is 3rd highest run-getter so far.
- Just 175 runs were scored when these sides faced each other this season and only 20 boundaries were hit in that game.
- Perth Scorchers are leading the head to head battle by 8-7 in their 15 clashes so far.
- Mitchell Marsh has scored 20 maximums so far this season – most by any player – while Glenn Maxwell and Marcus Stoinis have scored 18 each – 2nd best.