Bangladesh Premier League Prediction (BPL 2019): Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
The 12th match of the BPL 2019-20 will see table toppers Chattogram Challengers host Dhaka Platoon on Wednesday.
Chattogram Challengers will be hoping to continue their fine form following their 4 wickets win over Sylhet Thunder on Tuesday.
Dhaka Platoon, on the other hand, are coming on the back of back to back wins and will be keen to upset the table leaders.
Chattogram Challengers performance in BPL 2019-20:
Chattogram lead the BPL 2019-20 charts after winning 3 of their first 4 games. They are unlikely to tinker with their winning combination.
Lendl Simmons, Avishka Fernando and Imrul Kayes will be responsible for providing Chattogram a quick start. Chadwick Walton will be the key in the middle order, along with wicket keeper Nurul Hasan and skipper Mahmudullah.
Chattogram will stick to their 5 bowlers strategy. Kesrick Williams, Mehedi Hasan Rana and Rubel Hossain will be pivotal to the bowling department. Rana picked up 4 wickets in Chattogram’s 4-wicket win over Sylhet Thunder on Tuesday.
Dhaka Platoon’s performance in BPL 2019-20:
Dhaka Platoon bounced back from their BPL 2019-20 opener defeat to Rajshahi Royals and are on a 2-match winning streak.
Opener Tamim Iqbal and wicket keeper Anamul Haque have been impressive in those wins and will be hoping to continue their explosive form against the Challengers. Laurie Evans and Jaker Ali will hope to provide stability.
Thisara Perera will be keen to show off his all rounder abilities once again while the Platoon will hoping to see some fireworks from Wahab Riaz’s bat too.
Skipper Mashrafe Mortaza and Hasan Mahmud will be hoping to pick some quick wickets to set the platform for Pakistani spinner Shadab Khan and Mahedi Hasan.
Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon Predicted line-up:
Lendl Simmons, Avishka Fernando, Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah (c), Chadwick Walton, Nurul Hasan (wk), Rubel Hossain, Muktar Ali, Nasum Ahmed, Kesrick Williams, Mehedi Hasan Rana.
Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque (wk), Laurie Evans, Jaker Ali, Thisara Perera, Wahab Riaz, Mashrafe Mortaza, Shadab Khan, Ariful Haque, Mahedi Hasan, Hasan Mahmud.
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
Average first innings score at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram- 145 runs.
Average second inning score- 128 runs.
Highest total at the venue- 196 runs.
Out of 22 T20 matches played at the venue,
Teams batting first have won 10 games and teams chasing a total have won 12 games.
2 games were played at the venue on Tuesday. 381 runs were scored in the 1st match (Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals), only 259 were put on in the second match- Sylhet Thunder vs Chattogram Challengers.
Chattogram Challengers vs Dhaka Platoon: Today's Match Prediction
- Mehedi Hasan Rana picked up 4 wickets and gave away just 23 runs in 4 overs including a maiden over in the Challengers last game.
- Lendl Simmons scored 44 runs off 33 balls. His inning included 3 fours and as many maximums.
- Nurul Hasan played a 37 off 24 balls inning which included 2 fours and 3 sixes.
- Kesrick Williams scored 18 runs and picked up a wicket in his 4 overs.
- Dhaka Platoon have won both their games while batting first.
- Anamul Haque scored 62 runs at a strike rate of 147.62. He scored 8 fours and one maximum.
- Wahab Riaz scored 17 runs of 7 balls including 2 sixes and picked a wicket in the Platoon’s win over Sylhet Thunder.
- Chattogram have won 3 of their first 4 games. Meanwhile, Dhaka have won their last 2 games after losing the BPL 2019-20 opener.