Bangladesh Premier League Prediction (BPL 2019): Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder
December 17, 2019
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
The 10th match of BPL 2019-20 will see Chattogram Challengers lock horns with Sylhet Thunder for the second time in the season on Tuesday.
The Challengers are coming on the back of a 6-wicket win over Rangpur Rangers and will be looking to add a 3rd win in the tournament in 4 games to go top of the table.
Meanwhile, Sylhet Thunder have already conceded a lot of ground early in the tournament and they know they need to start performing together really soon. They have lost all 3 games, including the opener against the Challengers.
Chattogram Challengers’s performance in BPL 2019-20:
Chadwick Walton and Avishka Fernando will be hoping to provide a quick start followed by Imrul Kayes at No 3. Kayes scored 44 runs in the Challengers’ win over Rangpur Rangers.
Captain Mahmudullah will be hoping to show off his all-round abilities. He and Nasir Hossain will be providing depth to the middle order. Kesrick Williams, Mehedi Hasan Rana and Rubel Hossain will lead the pace assault. Leg spinner Ryan Burl and right arm off-breaker Nasir Hossain will lead the spin department.
Sylhet Thunder’s performance in BPL 2019-20:
Rony Talukdar and Andre Fletcher will be looking to provide the Thunder a quick start while Johnson Charles will be coming in at No 3. Skipper Mosaddek Hossain, who scored not out 60 runs at a strike rate of 136.36, will be handling the middle order duties with wicket keeper Mohammad Mithun.
The left armer Krishmar Santokie and Ebadot Hossain will lead the charge of fast bowing.
Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder: Predicted line-up
Avishka Fernando, Chadwick Walton, Imrul Kayes, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Nurul Hasan (wk), Ryan Burl, Kesrick Williams, Rubel Hossain, Muktar Ali, Mehedi Hasan Rana.
Rony Talukdar, Andre Fletcher, Johnson Charles, Mohammad Mithun (wk), Shafiqullah Shafiq, Mosaddek Hossain, Krishmar Santokie, Nazmul Islam, Nayeem Hasan, Naveen-ul-Haq, Ebadot Hossain
Pitch Report for today's BPL match:
After 8 matches, the BPL has moved to Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram.
The average first innings score on this venue before (BPL 2019-20) is 145 runs and the average second inning score is 128 runs. This venue has the highest total recorded of 196 runs in 20 overs.
Out of 20 T20 matches played at the venue,
Teams batting first have won 10 games and teams chasing a total have won 10 games.
Chattogram Challengers vs Sylhet Thunder: Today's Match Prediction
- Sylhet Thunder skipper Mosaddek Hossain scored 60 runs in the last game against Dhaka Platoon. He also took a wicket, bowling an economical spell and would be the key once again.
- Johnson Charles scored just 19 runs but timed the ball during his 8-ball knock and can be the key.
- Chattogram Challengers’ Mahmudullah scored 15 runs and took a wicket in his 1st appearance of the 2019-20 BPL season.
- Challengers’ Chadwick Walton scored a fifty at a strike rate of 147.06. His inning included 4 fours and 3 maximums.
- Challengers’ Imrul Kayes scored 44 off 33 balls. Kayes hit 3 fours and 2 sixes in his inning.
- Sylhet Thunder have lost all their 3 games while the Challengers have won 2 of their 3 games.
- Mohammad Mithun had scored 84 runs when the sides had met in the BPL 2019-20 opener.
- 37 boundaries were hit in the first head to head game between Sylhet Thunder and Chattogram Challengers in BPL 2019-20.
- Challengers have won 2 of the last 5 head to head meetings against Sylhet Thunder.