Bangladesh Premier League Prediction (BPL 2019): Comilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers
December 18, 2019
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
The 11th match of BPL 2019-20 will see Cumilla Warriors and Rangpur Rangers lock horns for the second time in the current season of BPL on Wednesday.
Cumilla Warriors are coming on the back of a 20-run defeat against Dhaka Platoon in their second game of the BPL 2019-20. However, the Warriors will be riding high on confidence given they had beaten the same opponent, Rangpur Rangers, by 105 runs in their BPL 2019-20 opener.
Meanwhile, Rangpur Rangers are still searching for their first win of the season. They are currently at the bottom of the table with back to back defeats, including a 6-wicket loss against Chattogram Challengers in the 7th game of BPL 2019-20.
Comilla Warriors performance in BPL 2019-20:
Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Yasir Ali will be the Warriors regular openers and will be keen to establish a healthy platform for the middle order batsmen. Rajapaksa looked in good touch against Dhaka Platoon when he scored 29 runs off just 12 deliveries.
Dawid Malan and Sabbir Rahman will be responsible for middle order duties while Soumya Sarkar and skipper Dasun Shanaka will be in the allrounders duties.
Al-Amin Hossain and Abu Hider Rony will be leading the pace bowling department while Mujeeb Ur Rahman’s role will be pivtol among the spinners.
Rangpur Rangers performance in BPL 2019-20:
Explosive wicket-keeper batsman Mohammad Shahzad (wk) is yet to find his form and will be hoping to provide a quick start to the Rangers, along with Mohammad Naim. Naim scored 78 runs in a failed cause in their last game against Chattogram Challengers.
Skipper Mohammad Nabi and Lewis Gregory will need to step up in their all-rounders duties if the Warriors have to pull something out the 2019-20 season.
Sanit Saha is likely to return to the playing XI following his impressive bowling figures in the 1st match. Mustafizur Rahman will be responsible for the death overs responsibilities.
Comilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers Predicted line-up:
Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Yasir Ali, Soumya Sarkar, Dawid Malan, Sabbir Rahman, Dasun Shanaka, Mahidul Islam Ankon (wk), Abu Hider Rony, , Sunzamul Islam, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Al-Amin Hossain.
Mohammad Shahzad (wk), Mohammad Naim, Tom Abell, Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Nabi, Lewis Gregory, Nadif Chowdhury, Arafat Sunny, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Rishad Hossain.
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
After 8 matches, the BPL has moved to Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram.
The average first innings score on this venue, before BPL 2019-20, was 145 runs and the average second inning score was 128 runs. This venue has the highest total recorded of 196 runs in 20 overs.
Out of 20 T20 matches played at the venue (before BPL 2019-20),
Teams batting first have won 10 games and teams chasing a total have won 10 games.
Comilla Warriors vs Rangpur Rangers: Today's Match Prediction
- Mohammad Naim scored 78 runs at a strike rate of 144.44. His innings included 6 fours and 3 maximums. Expect him to add to his tally.
- Rangpur Rangers skipper Mohammad Nabi scored quickfire 21 runs in 12 balls and took a wicket against Chattogram Challengers. He will be the key once again.
- Lewis Gregory has been consistent with his bowling and has picked 4 wickets for the Rangers in two games.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa scored 29 runs at a strike rate of 241.67 in Warriors’ loss to Dhaka Platoon.
- Dawid Malan scored 40 runs at a minimal 111.11 strike rate.
- The Warriors skipper Dasun Shanaka scored 75 runs in the reverse fixture on the opening day of the 2019-20 BPL season but failed to open his duck against Dhaka Platoon.
- Al-Amin Hossain had picked up 3 wickets in the first meeting of BPL 2019-20 between the sides.
- Rangpur Rangers have won 3 of the last 5 head to head clashes between the sides. However, Cumilla Warriors have won the last 2.