Bangladesh Premier League Prediction (BPL 2019): Dhaka vs Sylhet
December 14, 2019
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Dhaka Platoon bounced back from the 9-wicket loss in their BPL 2019- 20 opener with a 20-run victory over Cumilla Warriors on Friday and would be looking to add to it when they face Sylhet Thunder on Saturday.
Meanwhile, Sylhet Thunder are coming on the back of successive defeats- against Chattogram Challengers and Rajshahi Royals and would be looking for a turnaround.
Dhaka Platoon’s performance in BPL 2019-20:
The trio of Tamim Iqbal, Laurie Evans and Anamul Haque will be aiming to guide their side to a flying start. Tamim Iqbal and Thisara Perera have been in sublime form.
Meanwhile, skipper Mashrafe Moraza and Pakistan’s Wahab Riaz will steer their bowling attack.
In their previous match against Cumilla Warriors, Tamim Iqbal played a brilliant knock of 74 runs off 53 balls. He was assisted by Perera, who smashed 42 runs off just 17 balls, including 7 fours and a six and then picked up 5 wickets.
Sylhet Thunder’s performance in BPL 2019-20:
Sylhet Thunder are currently sitting at the 6th place in the points table. In their previous match against Rajshahi Royals, Thunder could only amass 91 runs on the board.
20 runs was the highest individual score in that innings with skipper Mosaddek Hossain and Mohammad Mithun scoring 20 runs each. An inefficient bowling force of Thunder failed to leave an impact as Royals chased down the target in 10.5 overs. Sylhet Thunder will be eager to register their first victory of the tournament.
Thunder’s bowling attack will comprise Nayeem Hasan, Ebadat Hossain and Ajantha Mendis. Nayeem Hasan was the pick of the bowlers in the last match as he scalped a wicket while conceding only 16 runs in his three overs.
Dhaka vs Sylhet Predicted Line-up:
Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque (wk), Laurie Evans, Jaker Ali, Thisara Perera, Shuvagata Hom, Shahid Afridi, Mahedi Hasan, Wahab Riaz, Mashrafe Mortaza, Hasan Mahmud
Rony Talukdar, Johnson Charles, Mohammad Mithun (wk), Jeevan Mendis, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Nazmul Islam, Nayeem Hasan, Naveen-ul-Haq, Krishmar Santokie, Ebadot Hossain
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
The team batting second have won 4 of the first 6 BPL 2019-20 games.
147 is the average score of the team batting 1st.
The matches played on December 13 showed a very different kind of pitch – only 186 runs were scored in the 1st match while 340 runs were scored in the 2nd game.
Dhaka vs Sylhet: Today's Match Prediction
Today’s Cricket match (Dhaka vs Sylhet) prediction tips are based on the teams’ performances from all the matches of CPL 2019.
- After a poor outing in the first match, Tamim Iqbal found back his touch against the Warriors – scoring 74 off 53 balls – and will be difficult to deal with for Sylhet Thunder.
- Thisara Perera scored a quick 42 off 17 balls inning which included 7 fours and a maximum. He also proved his worth with the ball picking up 5 wickets.
- Anamul Haque failed to continue his impressive form with the bat as he was LBW on a golden duck. However, he took 3 catches.
- Mohammad Mithun played a knock of 84 runs at a strike rate of 175 in the BPL 2019-20 season opener. His inning included 4 fours and 5 maximums.
- Sylhet Thunders captain Mosaddek Hossain scored 29 runs in 35 balls and also took a wicket while giving away 9 runs in an over.