Super Smash T20 Prediction: Canterbury Kings vs Central Stags
December 23, 2019
McLean Park, Napier
Central Stags will welcome Canterbury Kings at McLean Park, Napier in the 11th match of Super Smash 2019-20 on Monday.
The Stags began their Super Smash 2019-20 season on a high note with a thumping 120 runs win over the Northern Knights and a 24 runs triumph against Otago Volts. But there winning streak was hampered by rain which ended their 2-game winning streak.
Meanwhile, Canterbury Kings are still in search of their first win of Super Smash 2019-20. Of the 2 games they have played, they suffered a 6-wicket defeat at the hands of Wellington Firebirds in one while their previous game against Auckland Aces was abandoned due to rain.
Central Stags performance in Super Smash T20:
In-form Central Stags are most likely to continue with the same playing XI when they face the struggling Kings on Monday.
The Stags scored 149 runs against Northern Knights before rain washed out the game. George Worker and skipper Tom Bruce played 29 and 35 runs innings respectively.
The Stags brought in right arm medium pacer Ryan Watson in place of Ben Wheeler from their 24 runs win over Wellington Firebirds against the Knights but the 25-year-old didn’t have much to impress as the Stags couldn’t bowl a single over.
Canterbury Kings performance in Super Smash T20:
The first game saw Kings lose to Wellington by 6 wickets after managing just 129.
However, Cole McConchie kept the faith in his players and fielded same team against Auckland Aces.
Jack Boyle and Chad Bowes showed promise for the Kings, who were 72/1 in 8 overs against Auckland Aces before the game was abandoned due to rain. Boyle scored 34 runs while Bowes was batting on 26 runs.
The Kings are most likely to field the same playing XI against the Stags.
Canterbury Kings vs Central Stags Predicted Line up:
George Worker, Dane Cleaver (wk), Christian Leopard, Tom Bruce (c), Josh Clarkson, Kieran Noema-Barnett, Willem Ludick, Ryan Watson, Blair Tickner, Ajaz Patel, Seth Rance
Chad Bowes, Jack Boyle, Stephen Murdoch, Cole McConchie, Cam Fletcher (wk), Andrew Ellis, Henry Shipley, Blake Coburn, Leo Carter, Will Williams, Ed Nuttall
Pitch Report for today's Super Smash T20
Central Stags put 221 runs on the scoreboard in the Super Smash 2019-20 season opener at McLean Park, Napier. The Stags hit 12 fours and 17 sixes in their inning while 43 boundaries were in hit the game.
2 international T20 matches have been played at the venue. One of them saw England score 241/3 in 20 overs while the other saw New Zealand chase down 143 in 18 overs.
Average first innings score- 191
1 game was won by team batting first while the chasing team won the other game.
Meanwhile, out of 3 games played at the venue in Super Smash 2018-19, teams batting first won all 3 games.
Canterbury Kings vs Central Stags: Today's Match Prediction
- Cole McConchie took 3 wickets and gave away just 18 runs in 4 overs against Wellington Firebirds. He also scored 21 runs at a strike rate of 140 and would be a key player.
- Only 3 Canterbury Kings batsmen scored with a strike rate of above 100 in their defeat to Wellington Firebirds.
- Ajaz Patel has picked six wickets in the 3 games the Stags have played so far, despite not bowling a single over in their clash against the Knights.
- George Worker need 53 runs more to overtake Mathew Sinclair as the Stags 2nd highest run-scorer.
- The Stags won both their meeting with the Kings in Super Smash 2018-19 and have a better head to head record between the 2 teams. The Stags have won 5 as compared to Kings’ 4 while one of their clashes ended in no result.