Mzansi Super League Predictions: Cape Town Blitz vs Tshwane Spartans
December 1, 2019,
Newlands, Cape Town
Cape Town Blitz host table toppers Tshwane Spartans on Sunday. After starting their tournament on a bright note, Cape Town Blitz have slipped to the bottom half of the table. The Quinton de Kock-led side has gathered 13 points in seven games by winning three.
Just like Cape Town, Tshwane Spartans too have won 3 games. However, the difference lies in the ‘lost’ column. While the Blitzs have lost 4 games, Spartans are yet to lose a game. 3 of their games have been washed out.
Cape Town Blitz have won the last 2 head to head encounters.
Cape Town Blitz’s performance in MSL t20:
Janneman Malan has been in some serious form and will once again open the innings with his skipper Quinton De Kock, thus continuing the left hand-right hand combination. Meanwhile, the formidable bowling force of Cape Town Blitz will comprise the likes of Vernon Philander, Wahab Riaz and Dale Steyn.
Predicted XI: Quinton de Kock (C&WK), Janneman Malan, David Bedingham, Liam Livingstone, Asif Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Vernon Philander, Wahab Riaz, Aviwe Mgijima, Sisanda Magala and Dale Steyn.
Tshwane Spartans’s performance in MSL t20:
AB de Villiers has delivered phenomenal performances for Spartans in this MSL T20. Morne Morkel, who has scalped eight wickets so far in the tournament is also expected to grab eyeballs. Dean Elgar and Heinrich Klaasen also have the potential to turn the tables in their side’s favour.
Predicted XI: Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, Roelof van der Merwe, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (C & WK), Petrus van Biljon, Wiaan Mulder, Tom Curran, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla.
Pitch and Weather Conditions for today’s MSL t20 match:
The Newlands pitch is expected to favour the batsmen. One can expect the bowlers to find some swing early on when the ball is new.
Out of 22 MSL T20 games played at the venue,
Team batting first have won just 7 games while team batting 2nd have won 14 games.
The average runs scored in 1st innings is 152.
Average runs scored in 2nd innings is 145.
Who will win today’s cricket match?
- Lungi Ngidi, Dean Elgar and Morne Morkel have played a vital role in Spartans’ campaign and are likely to continue that going into the game.
- Blitz’s Janneman Malan is the highest run-scorer in MSL T20 with 262 runs. He scored 75 in their last game.
- Dale Steyn added 2 more wickets to his phenomenon campaign. He has 6 wickets in his last 3 games and is likely to be among the wickets once again.
- Vernon Philander played another cameo in Cape Town Blitz’s last game, scoring 18 off 9 balls Durban Heat.
- Blitz’s David Bedingham scored 44 runs in their last game and is likely to continue that run.
- Blitz conceded 24 boundaries in their last game and could not defend 181. It might be another tough day for their bowlers given Spartans have got a really threatening batting line-up. They chased 127 within 15 overs with 8 wickets in hand.
- Spartans’ AB de Villiers has scored 69 off 37 and 53 off 33 balls in his last game showing his return to the form and he is a really threatening batsmen once he gets going. He has scored 153 runs in five innings so far.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Cricket Fantasy Fix