Bangladesh Premier League Prediction 2019: Comilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals
December 28, 2019
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Rajshahi Royals have a chance to topple Chattogram Challengers from the top of BPL 2019-20 season points table when they face Cumilla Warriors in the 23rd match of the tournament on Saturday.
Comilla Warriors have won just two of the six games they have played this season and will aim to go in the top four of the BPL 2019-20 season points table.
It will be a consecutive battle between Comilla Warriors and Rajshahi Royals after the latter secured a 7-wicket comfortable win in their first meeting.
Rajshahi Royals performance in BPL 2019:
A collective effort from Rajshahi Royals in both batting and bowling was the key to their success against Cumilla Warriors. Afif Hossain and Liton Das were up to their task by providing a quick start to the Royals while chasing 170. The duo scored 60 runs in 7 overs for the first wicket partnership.
Ravi Bopara and skipper Andre Russell were in red hot form in their finishers’ role. Bopara scored 40* off 22 balls while Russell scored 21* runs off just 8 balls.
The Royals will most likely stick will to their winning combination, a playing XI which have 9 players who can bowl and batting depth till number 9 batsman.
Comilla Warriors performance in BPL 2019:
Dawid Malan was impressive with his 100* off just 54 balls inning but couldn’t help the Warriors a healthy total as wickets kept falling from another end.
The Warriors will hope more from their middle order batsmen including skipper Dasun Shanaka, who scored 11 off 12 balls in the last inning, as they will be keen to heal from the recent grievances.
Cumilla Warriors will once again turn towards Mujeeb Ur Rahman to give some them early wickets and keep the economy in check to build some pressure on Rajshahi Royals.
Comilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals Predicted Line-up
Liton Das (wk), Afif Hossain, Shoaib Malik, Andre Russell, Ravi Bopara, Nahidul Islam, Alok Kapali, Farhad Reza, Abu Jayed, Mohammad Irfan, Kamrul Islam
Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dawid Malan, Soumya Sarkar, Sabbir Rahman, Yasir Ali, Dasun Shanaka, Mahidul Islam Ankon (wk), Robiul Islam, Sumon Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Al-Amin Hossain
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
The BPL 2019-20 will once again return to the Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka.
Off the 8 games played at the venue in the beginning of BPL 2019-20, 5 teams have won while chasing the total and 3 were won by teams batting first.
154 was the average 1st inning score at the venue during those 8 games.
Comilla Warriors vs Rajshahi Royals: Today's Match Predictions
- Dawid Malan scored 100* off just 54 balls against Rajshahi Royals in their first head to head clash of BPL 2019-20.
- 341 runs were scored when the two sides met each other earlier this season and 44 boundaries were hit in the game.
- Afif Hossain scored 76 runs off 53 balls and picked a wicket in his 3 overs in his last game against Comilla Warriors.
- Andre Russell picked 2 wickets against Cumilla Warriors and is currently tournaments’ 2nd highest wicket taker. He has picked 9 wickets in 5 games, only behind Mehedi Hasan Rana who has taken 13 wickets.
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman has picked 8 wickets so far in the tournament and is the 3rd highest wicket taker of BPL 2019-20.