Bangladesh Premier League Prediction 2019: Dhaka Platoon vs Chattogram Challengers
December 27, 2019
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
The 21st match of the BPL 2019-20 season will see Bangladesh Premier League table leaders Chattogram Challengers take on 2nd placed Dhaka Platoon.
Chattogram Challengers suffered a 6 wicket loss against Rangpur Rangers which saw their 4-match winning run being halted. They will, however, be hoping to bounce back to winning ways and retain their first position in the points table against the Platoon.
Dhaka Platoon, meanwhile, are riding high on confidence with back to back wins and will be keen to avenge their 16-run loss against the Challengers, suffered earlier in the BPL 2019-20 season.
Chattogram Challengers performance in BPL 2019:
Avishka Fernando held the Challengers from one end but they kept losing wickets from the other and as a result could post only 163 runs on board despite him scoring 72 runs off just 40 balls against Rangpur Rangers.
The Challengers will hope for a more stable inning from their middle order batsmen such as Chadwick Walton and wicket-keeper batsmen Nurul Hasan.
Mehedi Hasan Rana has picked 13 wickets in 3 games and is currently the leading wicket taker of BPL 2019-20. He will hope to play a key role for the Challengers against the Platoon against who he picked 3 wickets earlier this season.
Dhaka Platoon’s performance in BPL 2019:
Tamim Iqbal and Mahedi Hasan played a match winning innings in the Platoon’s 8 wicket win over Sylhet Thunder. Iqbal scored 60* runs off 49 balls while Hasan scored 56 runs off 28 balls. The duo was involved in 87 runs partnership for the 2nd wicket.
Shahid Afridi is the experienced all-rounder in the middle order while the fans would also hope to see some fireworks from Shadab Khan and Wahab Riaz.
They will also play key roles in the Platoon’s bowling attack which will be led by skipper Mashrafe Mortaza.
Dhaka Platoon vs Chattogram Challengers Predicted Line-up
Lendl Simmons, Avishka Fernando, Imrul Kayes, Chadwick Walton, Nurul Hasan (wk), Muktar Ali, Liam Plunkett, Rubel Hossain, Nasir Hossain, Nasum Ahmed , Mehedi Hasan Rana
Tamim Iqbal, Anamul Haque (wk), Mahedi Hasan Rana, Asif Ali, Jaker Ali, Mominul Haque, Shahid Afridi, Shadab Khan, Wahab Riaz, Mashrafe Mortaza, Hasan Mahmud
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
BPL 2019-20 will once again return to the Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka.
Off the 8 games played at the venue in the beginning of BPL 2019-20, 5 teams have won chasing while 3 were won by teams batting first.
154 was the average 1st inning score at the venue during those 8 games.
Dhaka Platoon vs Chattogram Challengers: Today's Match Predictions
- 426 runs were scored in the first game of BPL 2019-20 between Chattogram and Dhaka. 24 sixes were hit in that game with 8 batsmen scoring 25+ runs.
- Tamim Iqbal scored 60 runs against Sylhet Thunder which saw him go to 6th in the batting chart for the season. He has scored 204 runs at an average of 51 in BPL 2019-20 so far and would be keen to keep moving up in the ladder.
- Mahedi Hasan scored 56 runs off 28 balls against Sylhet Thunder. He has hit 135 runs in the tournament so far which included 10 sixes.
- Shadab Khan is conceding at an average of just 6.92 runs per over in the tournament.
- Avishka Fernando is in the top 5 batting chart and has scored at a strike rate of almost 165 so far in BPL 2019-20.
- Mehedi Hasan Rana has picked 13 wickets in 5 games and is currently the leading wicket taker of BPL 2019-20. He had picked up 3 wickets against when the 2 sides had met earlier in the season.