Bangladesh Premier League Prediction 2019: Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder
December 23, 2019
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
The 19th match of the BPL 2019-20 will see the strugglers Dhaka Platoon face Sylhet Thunder on Tuesday.
Dhaka Platoon, who are 5th in the BPL 2019-20 points table, are coming on the back of a 16-run defeat at the hands of Chattogram Challengers and will be keen to return to return to winning ways.
Sylhet Thunder, on the other hand, registered their first win of the season after four straight losses and will be keen to build on that momentum.
The last time both teams faced each other was in the 8th match of BPL 2019-20 and Dhaka Platoon came out on top with a 24-run victory.
Dhaka Platoon’s performance in BPL 2019:
Mominul Haque was in excellent form in providing a quick start to the Platoon while chasing a target of 222 against Chattogram Challengers. He scored 52 off 35 balls and will be keen to provide another quick start.
Dhaka Platoon will hope for a better performance from their middle order with Thisara Perera, Shahid Afridi and skipper Mashrafe Mortaza waiting to finish the game.
Hasan Mahmud picked 2 wickets against Chattogram Challengers but leaked 55 runs in his 4 overs. The Platoon conceded 221 runs against the Challengers and will hope to put some pressure in the middle overs to stop leaking so many runs.
Sylhet Thunder’s performance in BPL 2019:
The Thunder are coming off a thumping 80 runs win over Khulna Tigers, thanks to the West Indians in the squad. Andre Fletcher scored 103* off 57 balls while Johnson Charles hit 90 off just 37 balls. The duo hit 31 boundaries in their 150-run partnership for the 1st wicket against the Tigers.
Mosaddek Hossain and Sohag Gazi are expected to continue in their all-rounder roles.
Krishmar Santokie is riding high and has picked 6 wickets in the Thunder last two games. He will be hoping to continue such form.
Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder Predicted Line-up:
Anamul Haque (wk), Mominul Haque, Jaker Ali, Laurie Evans, Asif Ali, Thisara Perera, Shahid Afridi, Mashrafe Mortaza (c), Mahedi Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Salauddin Sakil
Andre Fletcher, Johnson Charles, Mohammad Mithun (wk), Abdul Mazid, Mosaddek Hossain (c), Nazmul Hossain Milon, Sohag Gazi, Monir Hossain, Krishmar Santokie, Ebadot Hossain, Naveen-ul-Haq
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
The average first innings score at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram before the BPL 2019-20 season was 145 runs and the average second inning score is 128 runs. This venue has the highest total recorded of 196 runs in 20 overs.
However, the average first inning at the venue in the BPL 2019-20 season has risen to 190 after 7 games.
5 times a score of 200 plus has been put on the scoreboard in those games.
3 of the 7 games have been won by the team batting first.
Out of 27 T20 matches played at the venue,
Teams batting first have won 13 games and teams chasing a total have won 14 games.
Dhaka Platoon vs Sylhet Thunder: Today's Match Prediction
- Andre Fletcher scored 103 runs off 57 balls against Khulna Tigers. His innings included 10 fours and 5 sixes and he would be keen to build on to that.
- Johnson Charles scored 90 runs off 38 balls against Khulna Tigers. He hit 5 maximums and 11 fours in his innings.
- Krishmar Santokie picked 3 wickets against Khulna Tigers but leaked 37 runs in his 4 overs.
- Ebadot Hossain picked 2 wickets in his 3.3 overs against Khulna Tigers. He conceded just 17 runs in those overs despite all other bowlers giving away runs at an economy of 8 or more.
- Mominul Haque scored 52 runs off 35 balls against Chattogram Challengers.
- Thisara Perera scored 47 runs off 27 balls against Chattogram Challengers. He hit 4 maximums and 3 fours in his innings.
- Mashrafe Mortaza scored 23 runs off just 6 balls against Chattogram Challengers. He hit 3 sixes and a four in that explosive inning.
- The Thunder have lost 4 of their last 5 games.