Third T20 International Match Prediction: India vs West Indies
December 11, 2019
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
You talk of India vs West Indies, at Wankhede Stadium, and the first thing that comes to your mind is the ICC T20 World Cup 2016. Lendl Simmons knocking India out of the semi-final with a blistering 82-run knock. The next game at Wankhede is another knockout-like game with India hosting WI in the 3-match T20 series decider. With the India vs WI series levelled 1-1 after 2 games, it makes the 3rd T20I game very thrilling.
Virat Kohli had scored 89 runs in that 2016 T20 WC Semifinal but was on the losing end and he is among those stars who can work as hard as you will ever see an athlete working to avoid a defeat. A thrilling game is on the card.
India’s performance in the 3rd T20I series:
Shivam Dube surprisingly walked into bat at number 3 in the last game and stunned everyone with his hard hitting. He scored 54 runs. Meanwhile, Rishabh Pant also got among the runs, scoring an unbeaten 33. However, Rohit Sharma has failed in 2 consecutive games but the game at his home ground might see his revival.
India are likely to stick with the same XI.
West Indies’s performance in the 3rd T20I series:
All WI batsmen have got runs in either the 1st or the 2nd T20I and that sets up the game brilliantly. Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Lendl Simmons, Kieron Pollard and Brandon King have all got runs under their belt.
Khary Pierre and Hayden Walsh have been outstanding for WI with the ball while Kesrick Williams bounced back brilliantly in the Ind vs WI 2nd T20I after a humiliating performance in the 1st Ind vs WI T20I.
There’s no reason to tweak your winning combination and WI might stick with the same XI that played the 2nd T20I.
India vs West Indies: Predicted eleven
Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shivam Dube, Washington Sundar, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Yuzvendra Chahal.
Lendl Simmons, Evin Lewis, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Kieron Pollard (c), Jason Holder, Khary Pierre, Hayden Walsh, Sheldon Cottrell, Kesrick Williams.
Pitch report for today's match:
Teams batting first have won just 1 of the 6 T20I games at the venue.
Highest total at venue: 230/8 by England against South Africa in the ICC World Twenty20 2016.
Lowest total at venue: 135/7 by Sri Lanka against India on 24 Dec 2017.
Average first innings total at the venue in all T20s has been 176 in 2019.
3rd T20I Match today: India vs West Indies Prediction
- 27 sixes were hit in the 1st T20I while 17 were hit in the second. Expect plenty of more in the 3rd T20I decider.
- India are Evin Lewis’ favourite opponents. He has hit 28 sixes against India and T20I- the most by a batsman.
- West Indies hold the top 3 record for most sixes hit in India vs India in T20Is. 15 and 12 in the current season while they had hit 11 in 2016.
- Since Jan 2018, India have won 8 and lost 8 of the 16 games while batting first. However, they have won 14 and lost just 3 of the 18 games during the same time.
- Shivam Dube joined Robin Uthappa as the only Indian batsmen to have scored maiden 50 in T20 for India and not their franchise or domestic side.
- The last India vs WI at the Wankhede Stadium had seen 52 boundaries being hit in the 2016 T20 WC, with Virat Kohli picking a wicket.
- Virat Kohli has scored 431 runs in 10 innings against WI at a strike rate of around 150. Expect the skipper to continue the rich vein of form.
- West Indies have lost 50 wickets to wrist spin in 116 overs. However, they did well to keep Yuzvendra Chahal at bay in the 2nd T20I but expect Chahal to strike back.
- Kieron Pollard is just 10 runs short of 1000 T20I runs. He was among the runs in the 1st India vs WI T20I but didn’t get a chance to bat in the 2nd T20I. Only 3 West Indies batsmen have managed to go past the 1000-run mark in T20I cricket so far. Chris Gayle (1627), Marlon Samuels (1611) and Dwayne Bravo (1142). Expect Pollard to use his knowledge of the Indian condition to the best of his abilities in the 3rd T20I.
- Rohit Sharma has failed to hit a six in the first 2 games of the India vs WI series and still needs just one 6 to join elite 400-sixes club in international cricket. Only two players have crossed the milestone- former Pakistan batsman Shahid Afridi (476 sixes) and West Indies international Chris Gayle (534 sixes).