3rd ODI Match Prediction today: India vs West Indies (IND vs WI)
December 22, 2019
Barabati Stadium, Cuttack
India host West Indies in the final game of the tour on Sunday with an eye on sealing the ODI series, after clinching the T20 series. Barabati Stadium in Cuttack will play host to the ODI series decider. It is the batting masterclass that has seen both the teams win one game each.
While Shimron Hetmyer and Shai Hope saw West Indies through the line in the first game, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul ensured they had stretched that line beyond West Indies’ reach in the game.
With the trophy and plenty of history on line expect the game to be a thriller.
India’s predicted performance in the 3rd ODI:
Deepak Chahar has been ruled out with a mild pain in his lower back. Navdeep Saini replaces him and is likely to be slotted directly in the playing XI.
Shreyas Iyer looks to have solved India’s number 4 problem. Meanwhile, Rishabh Pant also seems to be answering his critics. He added 39 off 16 balls to add to his 1st game heroics.
KL Rahul, too, had a good game which means only Virat Kohli is yet to play a good knock, following his scores of 4 and 0 in the first 2 games.
Kuldeep Yadav finally got into wickets with a hat-trick and given the confidence boost he would have got, he might be unstoppable in the next game.
Mohammed Shami, too picked up 3 wickets.
Shardul Thakur had replaced Shivam Dubey in the XI in the 2nd ODI and might retain his place.
West Indies predicted performance in the 3rd ODI:
Keemo Paul played a good knock towards the end of the innings in the 2nd ODI to prove his all-round calibre.
Meanwhile, Nicholas Pooran and Shai Hope added 106 runs in little over 13 overs.
It was a slight bump in the middle order which actually hampered their run chase in the 2nd ODI after their win in the first game.
India vs West Indies, 3rd ODI Predicted line-up:
KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Shardul Thakur, Navdeep Saini.
Shai Hope, Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Roston Chase, Kieron Pollard, Jason Holder, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Sheldon Cottrell, Khary Pierre.
Pitch Report for today's 3rd ODI:
Out of 18 ODIs at the venue,
Teams batting first have won 7 games
Teams batting second have won 11 games.
Average first innings score- 245
Average 2nd innings score- 226
India vs West Indies:Today's match prediction
- Rohit Sharma has scored 7 ODI centuries in 2019. Only Sachin Tendulkar scored more in a year- 9. However, Rohit can break free on the second spot as he currently shares the spot with David Warner.
- Rohit has scored 1427 runs in 2019 and is 135 runs ahead of Virat Kohli. With just 1 ODI game left for the year, he might very well finish the year as the leading run scorer in the world. Shai Hope is also in the list with 1303 runs, 11 ahead of Kohli.
- Kuldeep Yadav became the first Indian to claim 2 ODI hat-tricks in the 2nd ODI and with his confidence back, he will prove to be a big threat.
- Since 2013, Rohit Sharma has scored the highest individual score for India in ODIs. He is leading this year as well- 159.
- Shreyas Iyer scored 4th consecutive 50 in the 2nd ODI .
- Shai Hope added 78 runs to his tally of 102 runs from the first game. He has proved to be a real thorn in bush in India’s campaign.
- Nicholas Pooran played a blinder, adding 75 off balls.
- The 2nd ODI saw 29 sixes being hit, with India managing 16 of them, in addition to 34 fours.
- India’s win against West Indies on Wednesday was their 5th biggest win against WI- 107 runs.
- India dropped 3 catches to add to a few chances dropped in the first ODI.
- West Indies haven’t beaten India in an ODI series for 13 years. Meanwhile, India haven’t lost 2 ODI series at home in a calendar year since 1987.
- Both the games have seen at least 1 200-run partnership. While it were Shai Hope and Shimron Hetmyer in the first ODI, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul followed the suit in the second ODI.
- Hope has had 100-run partnerships in both the games.