Bangladesh Premier League Prediction 2019: Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram
The 18th match of BPL 2019-20 will see 2nd placed Khulna Tigers lock horns with third placed Rajshahi Royals on Monday.
Khulna Tigers, who suffered a humiliating 80-run defeat at the hands of Sylhet Thunder in the last game after three back to back wins this season, would be keen to return to the winning ways.
Meanwhile, Rajshahi Royals will be keen to avenge their early defeat at the hands of Khulna Royals which is also their only loss in BPL 2019-20.
Khulna Tigers performance in BPL 2019:
Tigers’ top scorer Rilee Rossouw has been in tremendous form and scored 52 runs in the Tigers defeat to Sylhet Thunder. It was his third half century of the tournament in the four games he has played. Rossouw will be hoping to continue his form while skipper Mushfiqur Rahim, who scored 96 runs against the Royals, will running high on confidence.
Robbie Frylinck played a perfect all-rounder inning against Sylhet Thunder. He scored 44 runs off 20 balls and picked two wickets in his four overs. He will hope to such hot form against the Royals.
Mohammad Amir leaked 45 runs in his 4 overs and will hope to bounce back and keep a check on the runs in the death overs.
Rajshahi Royals performance in BPL 2019:
The Royals went on to score 189 runs despite losing their top three batsmen cheaply, thanks to well managed innings from experienced campaigners Shoaib Malik and Ravi Bopara. Malik scored 87 runs off 51 balls while Bopara played a 26 balls 40 runs cameo.
Skipper Andre Russell got just 6 balls to play but the West Indies power hitter hit a six and four in his 13 runs inning. He also picked 2 wickets in his 4 overs.
The Royals used nine bowlers in their game against Khulna Tigers and it was a strategy which cost them the game. 5 of them conceded runs at an economy of more than 10. The Royals will hope to keep the bowling role limited to their specalst bowlers such as Kamrul Islam and Abu Jayed.
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals Predicted Line-up:
Khulna Tigers predicted XI: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Saif Hassan, Rilee Rossouw, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Shamsur Rahman, Robbie Frylinck, Mehidy Hasan, Shahidul Islam, Shafiul Islam, Mohammad Amir, Robiul Haque
Rajshahi Royals predicted XI: Hazratullah Zazai, Liton Das (wk), Afif Hossain, Shoaib Malik, Ravi Bopara, Andre Russell, Alok Kapali, Farhad Reza, Kamrul Islam , Taijul Islam, Abu Jayed
Pitch Report for today's BPL:
The average first innings score at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram before the BPL 2019-20 season was 145 runs and the average second inning score is 128 runs. This venue has the highest total recorded of 196 runs in 20 overs.
However, the average first inning at the venue in the BPL 2019-20 season has risen to 190 after 7 games.
5 times a score of 200 plus has been put on the scoreboard in those games.
3 of the 7 games have been won by the team batting first.
Out of 27 T20 matches played at the venue,
Teams batting first have won 13 games and teams chasing a total have won 14 games.
Khulna Tigers vs Rajshahi Royals: Today's Match Prediction
- Rilee Rossouw has scored 224 runs in just 4 games he has played in BPL 2019-20. He is just 16 runs short of tournament top scorer Chadwick Walton despite playing 3 less games.
- Rilee Rossouw has hit 50s in 3 of the 4 games.
- Shoaib Malik scored 87 runs off 51 balls when the two teams met earlier this season.
- Andre Russell picked 2 wickets but leaked 41 runs in his 4 overs against Khulna Tigers and scored 13 runs of 6 balls.
- Mushfiqur Rahim scored 96 runs off 51 balls when both teams met earlier this season.
- The Royals are the only team Rilee Rossouw couldn’t score a half century against the four teams he has faced so far. He scored 42 runs in that inning.
- The Tigers have won 3 of their last 4 games.
- 381 runs were scored in the last game between Rajshahi Royals and Khulna Tigers on December 17. 17 sixes were hit in that game.