Match Prediction: India vs Australia, 3rd ODI
January 19, 2020, M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
India showed why they are the 2nd best ranked side in ODI cricket when they bounced back from a thumping first ODI loss to defeat Australia in the 2nd ODI on Friday. They face the Kangaroos on Sunday in a bid to win another series.
Meanwhile, Australia will be disappointed their batsmen didn’t perform anywhere close to how they performed in the first game. However, there is always another opportunity and the Chinnaswamy may just prove to be that for Australia.
India’s Performance in ODI:
Shikhar Dhawan got hit on his ribs while batting and looked in discomfort for a few minutes before continuing. There was nothing serious and he should be able to take the field in Bengaluru.
Rohit Sharma had some issues in his shoulder while fielding, but just like Dhawan, he too didn’t look in any serious discomfort and should partner the southpaw.
Meanwhile, Rishabh Pant missed 2nd game with after concussion effect and is likely to miss the 3rd game as well.
KS Bharat joined the squad as standby keeper but is unlikely to make his debut. KL Rahul is once again likely to keep the wickets, given Pant is unlikely to be risked, even if fit.
Shikhar Dhawan fancies batting against Australia. He has scored 143, 12, 117, 74 and 96 in his last 5 ODIs vs Australia.
Normalcy returned to the batting line-up in the 2nd ODI, with Virat Kohli returning to number 3 and he was immediately back in the runs. Shreyas Iyer had a rare failure at number 4 while Manish Pandey didn’t help his cause either.
KL Rahul starred again. He has scored 312 runs in his last 5 innings.
Manish Pandey and Navdeep Saini came in for the 2nd ODI and are likely to keep their place for the 3rd game as well.
Yuzvendra Chahal likes bowling at Chinnaswamy stadium as is evident in IPL and might get a chance even though all the players did their job brilliantly in Rajkot.
Australia’s Performance in ODI:
Marnus Labuschagne played his 1st ODI innings but the inexperience was evident as he threw away his wicket after tackling the early onslaught from Indian bowlers. Steve Smith began from where he left when he batted the last time against India, and went on to score 98 runs.
Adam Zampa was once again Australia’s top bowler, picking up 3 wickets for just 50 runs. He dismissed Virat Kohli, once again, and Rohit Sharma.
Pat Cummins too was good. However, Mitchell Starc was really costly, mostly because of the way KL Rahul took on him in the death overs.
Australia are likely to retain the XI despite a defeat.
India vs Australia Predicted X1:
India: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Shami.
Australia: David Warner, D’Arcy Short, Aaron Finch (c), Steven Smith, Peter Handscomb, Alex Carey, Ashton Agar, Kane Richardson, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Pat Cummins (vc).
Today’s ODI Match:India vs Australia Predictions:
- Shikhar Dhawan scored 3rd back to back 50 on Friday.
- Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli became the 40th pair, 10th Indian, to add 3000 partnership runs. They average 62.50 when batting together- 3rd best after AB de Villier- Hashim Amla and Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli.
- Adam Zampa dismissed Virat Kohli for the 5th in ODI.
- KL Rahul has scored 312 runs in the last 5 ODI innings.
- The last game saw the most runs being scored in an ODI in India without an individual 100 from either team- 644. The previous best was 643 Asia (337) v Africa(306) in Chennai in 2007.
- Mitchell Starc conceded his second-highest number of runs in ODIs in Rajkot- 78 runs.
- Kuldeep Yadav became the fastest Indian spinner to 100 ODI wickets.
- Rohit Sharma completed 7000 runs as an opener.