Mzansi Super League Today Match Prediction (MSL 2019): Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Tshwane Spartans
Mzansi Super League 2019 Eliminator
December 13, 2019
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants host the Tshwane Spartans in the MSL 2019 eliminator. The Giants finished second on the table which ensured them a home eliminator against the third placed Spartans. In their last match the Giants were beaten by the table-topping Paarl Rocks in Paarl. However, they need to bounce back and perform to their best if they really want to set up a MSL final clash with Paarl Rocks.
Meanwhile, Tshwane Spartans have been far from spectacular this season and made the playoffs with only three victories from their 10 matches. The Spartans were helped along with five no result matches for which they gained two points each, that includes their last two fixtures against Jozi Stars and Cape Town Blitz.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants’s performance in MSL T20:
The Giants won’t make any drastic changes to the side that has performed so well. Ben Dunk will continue to open the batting while Heino Kuhn cemented his pace with a 50+ score last time out.
Ben Dunk has shown some incredible form with scores of 45, 34, 99, 75 and 27 runs in his last five innings. He should continue to be backed to be the Giants best batsman.
Jason Roy and Junior Dala missed the last few games but are likely to return.
Tshwane Spartans’s performance in MSL T20:
Despite the Spartans average season, AB de Villiers has been in fantastic form with scores of 54, 69, 31 & 63 in his last four innings.
The Spartans gave Tony de Zorzi and Wiaan Mulder an opportunity to open the batting in their last fixture. Both performed admirably with 30 and 52 runs respectively, and might be able to retain their places.
Bay Giants vs Tshwane Spartans: Predicted XI
Ryan ten Doeschate, Heino Kuhn, Imran Tahir, JJ Smuts (c), Ben Dunk (wk), Chris Morris, Akhona Mnyaka, Matthew Breetzke, Junior Dala, Marco Marais, Nandre Burger
AB de Villiers, Morne Morkel, Roelof van der Merwe, Tom Curran, Corbin Bosch, Lungi Ngidi, Petrus van Biljon, Heinrich Klaasen (c & wk), Tony de Zorzi, Wiaan Mulder, Waqar Salamkheil.
Pitch Report for today’s MSL T20 match:
The team batting first will be looking forward to posting a massive total on the scoreboard. Both the teams are equipped with some explosive batsmen to do the job for them.
The 5 games played at the venue thus far have seen batsmen getting the better of the bowlers.
Expect another high scoring game which makes the powerplay crucial.
Record this MSL 2019 at the venue:
Batting first-2, batting second-3
Average first innings score- 173.4
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Tshwane Spartans: Today’s match Prediction
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants have won 2 of the last 4 head to head clash, with Spartans winning 1 and 1 ending in no result.
- 62 wickets have fallen at the venue in 5 games. Expect another good day for the bowlers, especially given the fact it is a knockout game.
- 195 boundaries have been scored at the venue in 5 games which means the pitch has seen plenty of runs and another big game is on card.
- Bay Giants’ Ben Dunk is the leading run scorer in MSL 2019 so far. He has scored 380 runs and though he is just 22 runs ahead of Janneman Malan in the list, he is likely to finish as top scorer. His real competition is Spartans’ AB de Villiers, who is 4th in the list with 248 runs as others have been knocked out of the tournament.
- JJ Smuts is having a great tournament. He has scored 235 runs to go with the 6 wickets he has picked at an average of 32.
- Bay Giants’ Imran Tahir is the leading wicket taker in the list with 16 wickets, at an average of 13.50. His teammate Junior Dala is also in the list with 12 wickets.
- Meanwhile, Morne Morkel (10 wickets) and Lungi Ngidi (9) are Spartans’ leading wicket-takers.