Mzansi Super League Today Match Prediction (MSL 2019): Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz
December 6, 2019,
Newlands, Cape Town
Cape Town Blitz host Nelson Mandela Bay Giants in a vital game on Friday. While the Bay Giants need to win to stay in contention for a direct entry in the MSL finals (by finishing on top), a loss for Cape Town will make their path, ahead of a virtual elimination game against Tshwane Spartans, difficult and only other results going their way can save them.
While Bay Giants snapped their 2-game losing streak in their last game against Tshwane Spartans to move to 2nd in the table, the Bay Giants ended a run of 3 defeats against the same opponents to save themselves for another day.
Cape Town Blitz’s performance in MSL T20:
After ending their 3-game losing streak in the last game against Tshwane Spartans, the Blitzs would be eager to return to their best form and push for the top 3 finish.
It is their final home game and Dale Steyn has urged the BlitzBrigade to come out in numbers. That shows the intentions Steyn has.
Janneman Malan is the top scorer for Cape Town Blitz with 298 runs from 8 games at an average of 42.57. He is actually the top run-scorer of the MSL 2019 tournament till now as well with the strike rate of around 150 with two half-centuries to his name.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants’s performance in MSL T20:
Durban Heat’s win over Paarl Rocks on Wednesday means the Bay Giants have the advantage going into their game. They would like to keep that advantage to secure a direct entry into the final.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz: Predicted XI
Cape Town Blitz
Quinton de Kock (c, wk), Janneman Malan, Marques Ackerman, Liam Livingstone, Asif Ali, George Linde, Wahab Riaz, Sisanda Magala, Gregory Mahlokwana, Dale Steyn, Anrich Nortje.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Jason Roy, Matthew Breetzke, JJ Smuts (c), Ben Dunk (wk), Heino Kuhn, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Onke Nyaku, Nandre Burger, Junior Dala, Imran Tahir.
Pitch Report for today’s MSL T20 match:
Out of 4 games played at Newlands in the current edition, teams batting first have won 3 matches while the chasing team have won 1.
Average first innings total at the venue in MSL this season- 171
Average second innings total- 152.75
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz: Today’s match Prediction
Today’s Cricket match prediction tips are based on the teams’ performances from all the matches of CPL 2019.
- Blitz are 1 of the 2 teams who have not seen any washed away game. While it hasn’t affected Jozi Stars much, they have certainly benefited from it. They have lost 4 games, only Stars have lost more.
- After winning 3 of their first 4 games, Blitz have succumbed to 3 defeats in their last 4.
- 53 wickets have fallen in 4 games at the venue, at an average of 13.25 which means almost 7 wickets an innings. Expect another good day for the bowlers, given the importance of the game.
- The top 2 run scorers in the current season are from Cape Town and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants, with Janneman Malan edging Ben Dunk by 20 runs. Liam Livingstone and Quinton de Kock also feature in the top 10. However, they have scored 103 and 100 runs less than Malan.
- Bay Giants’ JJ Smuts has scored 212 runs and is the 7th top scorer in the MSL 2019. Meanwhile, he has also picked 4 wickets. Expect him to shine once again.
- Giants’ Imran Tahir and Junior Dala have picked 12 wickets each. Only Cape Town’s Dale Steyn has got more- 15 at a mind-boggling average of 15.13 and an economy of 7.09. He has best matches of 3-10 and is riding on a second wind of sorts. Expect them to pick more wickets.