Mzansi Super League Today Match Prediction (MSL 2019): Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat
December 4, 2019,
Boland Park, Paarl
Paarl Rocks are currently 1st in MSL 2019 with 23 points in eight games. Meanwhile, Durban Heat are 5th in the table with just 2 wins and ‘only’ 2 losses. It’s their no result columns that have left them reeling at this stage of the tournament. However, 2 wins in the last games have boosted their moral.
The last game between the 2 sides, on November 15, was abandoned without toss.
Paarl Rocks’s performance in MSL T20:
Paarl’s batting line-up looks strong with the likes of Faf du Plessis, Henry Davids and Cameron Delport. Henry has amassed 153 runs in seven games at a strike rate of 142.06. Meanwhile, Tabraiz Shamsi has been the pick of the bowlers. He is in the top 5 wicket takers in the tournament so far.
Durban Heat’s performance in MSL T20:
They have bounced back in some style, winning their last 2 games after 3 of the first 4 games were washed out. Wihan Lubbe and David Miller have started contributing with the bat which is good news for their side. However, their bowlers are still struggling.
Probable XI: Wesley Marshall, Alex Hales, Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas (C & WK), David Miller, Ravi Bopara, Andile Phehlukwayo, Malusi Siboto, Keshav Maharaj, Kyle Abbott, Marco Jansen.
Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat: Predicted XI
Henry Davids, Cameron Delport, Faf du Plessis (C), James Vince, Kyle Verreynne/Dwaine Pretorius, Sibonelo Makhanya, Isuru Udana, Hardus Viljoen, Bjorn Fortuin, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kerwin Mungroo.
Wesley Marshall, Alex Hales, Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas (C & WK), David Miller, Ravi Bopara, Andile Phehlukwayo, Malusi Siboto, Keshav Maharaj, Kyle Abbott, Marco Jansen.
Pitch and Weather Conditions for today’s MSL T20 match:
The track at Boland Park has seen good amount of runs so far. Expect a high scoring game.
However, the last game at the venue saw Jozi Stars score just 129 despite losing 3 only wickets in 20 overs. Rocks, in reply almost made a mess of it, taking 16 overs with only 4 wickets left to reach the target.
Out of 3 games at the venue in the correct edition,
2 have been won by teams batting 2nd while the team defending a target have won it once.
Average first innings score during these games: 161
Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat: Today’s match Prediction
- Rocks have won 4 of their last 5 games. Meanwhile, Durban Heat have won their last 2 games after going winless in first 5.
- Tabraiz Shamsi is in the top 5 wicket takers in the MSL T20 tournament so far, having picked 10 wickets. Meanwhile, Bjorn Fortuin has picked up 8 wickets and is in the top 10. Expect them to pick few wickets even though Bjorn went wicket-less in his last game, against Jozi Stars.
- Paarl Rocks’ James Vince is in the top 10 run scorer in the tournament with 192 runs from 6 games. His strike rate of 153.6 is the 2nd best among the top 15 run scorers. He is likely to continue his hot streak.
- There’s no Durban Heat batsman in the top 10. However, Wihan Lubbe and David Miller follow immediately- on 11th and 13th with 163 and 144 runs respectively. Expect them to break into that list. Meanwhile, Miller averages 72, 2nd best in the tournament.
- Sibonelo Makhanya scored 63 runs in the last game where Isuru Udana starred with 2 wickets and 28 runs from 16 balls.