Mzansi Super League Prediction: Tshwane Spartans vs Paarl Rock
November 29, 2019,
SuperSport Park, Centurion
Tshwane Spartans are placed at the third spot in the Mzansi Super League 2019 points table with two wins from five games. The team has not lost a single match but 3 of their matches have been rained off. The Spartans have 14 points and a net run rate of + 0.757.
They will take on Paarl Rocks who have climbed to the top of the leaderboard with four wins and one loss from 6 games. One of their matches was washed out after which the Rocks have 19 points and a net run rate of + 1.467.
Tshwane Spartans had thrashed Paarl Rocks by 8 wkts in their first meeting of the campaign and Rocks would be eager for revenge.
Tshwane Spartans’s performance in MSL T20:
Spartans have won 2 of their 5 games. However, they haven’t lost any of the remaining 3. The washed away games mean they are lingering in the middle of the table.
Expected XI: Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (c, wk), Petrus van Biljon, Tom Curran, Roelof van der Merwe, Wiaan Mulder, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla.
Dean Elgar is the highest run-scorer for the Spartans at the moment with 163 runs from just 4 innings at an average of 81.50. He has struck at a healthy 141.73 and has made two half-centuries. The opener has received some support from Theunis de Bruyn and AB de Villiers.
Paarl Rocks’s performance in MSL T20:
Rocks have been lucky with rain so far. Only one of their games have been washed out. They have won their last 3 games after a win, loss and a draw in their first 3 games of the tournament.
Expected XI: Henry Davids, Cameron Delport, Faf du Plessis (c), James Vince, Dwaine Pretorius, Mangaliso Mosehle (wk), Isuru Udana, Hardus Viljoen, Bjorn Fortuin, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kerwin Mungroo.
Pitch Report for today’s MSL T20 match:
The first game of the tournament at the venue was washed away and so was the second game.
Out of 12 MSL T20 games played at the venue, 8 have been won by the team batting first while the chasing team have won just 2.
Average first innings total at the venue- 168
Average second innings total at the venue- 139
Who will win today’s cricket match?
- Morne Morkel is the top wicket-taker for the Spartans with 6 wickets from 3 innings at an average of 7.50 and an economy of 5.86. Morkel has best figures of 3-21.
- James Vince has scored 189 runs for Paarl Rocks from 4 matches at an average of 63 and a strike rate of 157.50 with the top score of unbeaten 86. Dwayne Pretorius and Faf du Plessis have also contributed.
- Tabraiz Shamsi and Bjorn Fortuin have picked up 9 and 7 wickets for the Rocks respectively.
- After a mediocre run in the tournament, AB de Villiers smashed 53 off 33 to help Spartans to a win and should continue his run.
- Their last meeting was a high scoring affair, with 373 runs scored for the loss of just 8 wickets. Spartans had chased 186 after losing just 2 wickets. Expect another high scoring affair, that if rain allows the game to happen.
- 42 boundaries were scored in their last head to head game. Expect another flurry of boundaries.
- James Vince and Dean Elgar had scored 85+ for their sides in that game.