Mzansi Super League Today Match Prediction (MSL 2019): Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
November 30, 2019
Durban Heat have emerged as one of the underperforming teams of the MSL T20. The Dane Vilas-led side registered their first win of the tournament against Cape Town Blitz on Thursday. Durban have amassed 10 points and are poised fifth in the table with just a single win. Amongst the six matches which Durban have played, three have been abandoned, adding to their woes.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants, on the other hand, are among the contenders to clinch the trophy. Giants have carried their winning momentum and have registered fours wins in six matches. The JJ Smuts-led side registered their first loss of MSL T20 after suffering a 31-defeat against Paarl Rocks. Smuts and Dunk have been in sublime touch with the bat and will be hoping to carry their run-scoring form against Durban Heat too.
Giants have won both their head to head clashes.
Durban Heat’s performance in MSL t20:
Durban Heat are expected to rely on the likes of Alex Hales, Dane Vilas and David Miller to reinforce their batting line-up. In their previous match against Cape Town Blitz, Wihan Lubbe also grabbed eyeballs with an impressive knock of 49 runs. Durban’s bowling attack will be led by the duo of Kyle Abbott and Keshav Maharaj.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants’s performance in MSL t20:
JJ Smuts has led Nelson Mandela Bay Giants from the front. The right-hander has contributed to both the departments for his side. Chris Morris is also in decent touch. The 32-year-old has played vital cameos for Giants in this season. He will be assisted by Imran Tahir, who has scalped eight wickets in his last five matches.
Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants: Predicted XI
Wesley Marshall, Alex Hales, Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas (C & WK), David Miller, Ravi Bopara, Andile Phehlukwayo, Malusi Siboto, Keshav Maharaj, Kyle Abbott, Marco Jansen.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Jason Roy, Matthew Breetzke, JJ Smuts (C), Ben Dunk (WK), Heino Kuhn, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Onke Nyaku, Junior Dala, Beuran Hendricks, Imran Tahir.
Pitch and Weather conditions for today’s MSL T20 match:
Rain is expected to intervene in the game. With the cloud cover around, a few overs might be deducted in case of a shower. The wicket will be beneficial to batsmen. However, the external conditions could assist the bowlers as well. The new ball might swing a bit and cause some trouble to the batsmen.
2 of the 3 games at the venue have been washed out so far.
Average first innings score: 153 (Last 3 full MSL games at Kingsmead)
Durban Heat vs Nelson Mandela Bay Giants: Today’s match Prediction
- 36 boundaries were scored in the last game between theses 2 sides with Jason Roy getting 7 of them.
- David Miller added 26 runs to guide the team to the victory in their last MSL T20 game having returned to form with 45 in the game before that. He is likely to continue his run.
- Ravi Bopara didn’t get a chance to bat in the last game but remains a key player for Heat.
- Dane Vilas scored 75 runs in the last game and should score big again.
- Jason Roy has performed in sequence. Failed the 1st time he batted, starred when he got the 2nd chance, then failed again on the 3rd attempt and scored a 50 in his 4th attempt. After falling for a duck in the last game, it might be his turn to score big once again.
- Chris Morris had a rare off day in the last game against Paarl Rocks. He couldn’t do much with bat or ball but still remains the key player.
- JJ Smuts too had an average game, picking up just 1 wicket to go with his 13-run knock, a factory that contribute significantly to their loss.
- Ben Dunk, however, scored 45 and might score once again.