Mzansi Super League Today Match Prediction (MSL 2019): Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Paarl Rocks
November 27, 2019,
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth
Unbeaten Nelson Mandela Bay Giants take on Paarl Rocks in their 6th game of the campaign. While Bay Giants are top of table with 4 wins and a draw from their 5 games, Rocks are 2nd with 3 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw from their 5 games.
The Paarl Rocks have done well so far in the tournament. They will be entering into this game on the back of an inspirational victory against Cape Town Blitz.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants’s performance in MSL T20:
Junior Dala and Imran Tahir are seeing a decline in their performances. After picking up three wickets each against Jozi Stars, they came down to 2 each against Cape Town Blitz and then picked up just 1 wicket each in the last game against Durban Heat, a worrying sign for the Giants.
Giants are expected to stick to the winning combination.
Matthew Breetzke replaced Grant Thompson in their last game and even though he was dismissed for a golden duck, he should manage to keep his place.
Paarl Rocks’s performance in MSL T20:
They have signed up-and-coming Emerging Squad batting all-rounder Ruan de Swardt to replace JP Duminy.
In a setback for the team Dwaine Pretorius injured his right hand against the Cape Town Blitz on Sunday, but he will remain with the squad. However, he is unlikely to play and it might give De Swardt his first game straightaway.
Pretorius had been in great form. He chipped in with 34 in Rocks’ first game, looked in good touch before he was run out in the 2nd game, added 37 in the third and picked a wicket as well and scored 29 and picked up a wicket in the last game.
Faf du Plessis got the start in the last game but failed to convert. James Vince scored 23 runs to add to his tally 129 runs while Tabraiz Shamsi picked up 2 more wickets. He has bowled at an acceptable economy of less than 7.
The opening pair of Henry Davids and Cameron Delport has seemed to be a bit of an issue. But they are the best available options and will continue. They added just 19 runs in the last game but Davids went on to score 46 runs.
Kerwin Mungroo might replace Sibonelo Makhanya.
Pitch report for today’s MSL T20 match:
The 2 games played at the venue thus far have seen batsmen getting the better of the bowlers. While 167 runs were defended in the first game, 187 was chased down in the 2nd. Expect another high scoring game which makes the powerplay crucial.
Record this season at the venue:
Batting first-1, batting second-3
Average first innings score- 172.5
Average second innings score- 165.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Paarl Rocks: Predicted XI
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Jason Roy, Ben Dunk (wk), JJ Smuts (C), Heino Kuhn, Matthew Breetzke, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Onke Nyaku, Nandre Burger, Junior Dala, Imran Tahir.
Henry Davids, Cameron Delport, Faf du Plessis (C), James Vince, Ruan de Swardt, Hardus Viljoen, Mangaliso Mosehle (wk), Isuru Udana, Kerwin Mungroo, Bjorn Fortuin, Tabraiz Shamsi..
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Paarl Rocks: Today’s match prediction
- 36 wickets have fallen at the venue so far, expect another exceptional performance from at least one bowler from each side.
- 118 boundaries have been scored so far at the venue, expect it to increase significantly.
- The Bay Giants are yet to lose a game this season and though Paarl Rocks might trouble them, they might not have the firepower to stop them.
- Jason Roy has performed in sequence. Failed the 1st time he batted, starred when he got the 2nd chance, then failed again on the 3rd attempt and scored a 50 in his 4th attempt- the last game. The sequence suggest he might fail on Wednesday. However, take a risk on yourself.
- Chris Morris played another cameo in the last game- 22 runs from 10 balls. However, he didn’t do much with the ball. He might be the key for the Giants.
- JJ Smuts had a good game, picking up a wicket at an economy rate of less than 7 and scoring 33 runs.