Mzansi Super League Today Match Prediction (MSL 2019): Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat
November 21, 2019
SuperSport Park, Centurion
After 2 abandoned games, both Tshwane Spartans and Durban Heat finally got the chance to play a game. The 2 abandoned games include their first head to head clash of the campaign. Though Spartans won their game against Paarl Rocks by 8 wickets, Heat lost theirs against Cape Town Blitz by 10 runs.
There are slim chances of the game, given the last MSL game at the venue was washed away as well. However, it promises a run fest if rain somehow manages to stay away.
Tshwane Spartans’s performance in MSL t20:
After being pushed to walls, after being reduced to 33/4 after 7.1 overs, in a game where rain saved them, the Spartans bounced back with a thumping batting performance, chasing 186 for the loss of just 2 wickets.
The Spartans needed to sort their top order woes and did that perfectly. The bowling attack was led by the pace trio of Lutho Sipamla, Lungi Ngidi and Morne Morkel and Tom Curran. Roelof van der Merwe is the specialist spinner.
Tom Curran and Donavon Ferreira replaced Vaughn van Jaarsveld and Corbin Bosch in the last game. While Curran picked up a wicket and is likely to keep his place, Ferreira didn’t get the chance to bat and might be retained for at least 1 more game of the Mzansi Super League 2019.
Durban Heat’s performance in MSL t20:
Alex Hales has been unpredictable in recent past but should be able to keep his place.
Daryn Dupavillion and Marco Jansen are struggling with knocks, and Durban Heat will be hoping that at least one of them recovers to play a part here.
Heat lost a close game and are expected to stick to stick to the same XI.
Pitch and Weather prediction for today’s MSL t20 match
The first game of the tournament at the venue was washed away.
Out of 11 T20 games played at the venue, 8 have been won by the team batting first while the chasing team have won just 2.
Average first innings total at the venue- 168
Average second innings total at the venue- 139
Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat: Predicted XI
Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (C & WK), Petrus van Biljon, Tom Curran, Donavon Ferreira, Roelof van der Merwe, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla.
Alex Hales, Sarel Erwee, Wihan Lubbe, Dane Vilas (C & WK), David Miller, Ravi Bopara, Andile Phehlukwayo, Malusi Siboto, Prenelan Subrayen, Keshav Maharaj, Kyle Abbott.
Tshwane Spartans vs Durban Heat: Today’s match prediction
- Spartans’ Dean Elgar opened the innings and was unbeaten on 88 and should be among the runs once again.
- Theunis de Bruyn too had a good game after failing in the first game, adding 104 for the first wicket. The opening duo might be the key.
- AB de Villiers couldn’t do much but given the superstar he is, it’s unlikely he will be silent.
- Meanwhile, Morne Morkel picked up 2 wickets and the tall pacer could trouble the Heat, whose batsmen struggled in their last game, with Wihan Lubbe being the exception.
- Lubbe scored 83 runs off 42 balls and was toying with the opposition bowlers. He hit 7 fours and 5 sixes and can be the key once again.