Super Smash T20 Prediction: Northern Knights vs Otago Volts
December 29, 2019
Molyneux Park, Alexandra
The 14th match of Super Smash 2019-20 will be played between Northern Knights and Otago Volts on Sunday.
Otago Volts are currently placed second in the Super Smash 2019-20 points table with two wins and a no result in the 4 games they have played so far. The Volts were unlucky against Wellington Firebirds and lost the game with 1 run, their only defeat so far, and will be keen to return to winning ways.
Meanwhile, Northern Knights got their first win of the season against Auckland Aces after two defeats and a no result earlier in the tournament. The Knights will be hope to continue build their winning momentum.
Otago Volts secured a 43-run win over Northern Knights when the sides met earlier this season.
Otago Volts performance in Super Smash T20:
The batting has been the Volts’ strength this season. Neil Broom and Nick Kelly are currently Super Smash 2019-20 top two highest run scorers. Broom scored 66 runs while Kelly scored 85 off just 53 balls against Wellington Firebirds.
Dean Foxcroft and Anaru Kitchen are likely to continue in their all-rounder roles. Foxcroft has scored 101 runs in 4 innings.
Bowling is an area of concern for the Volts so far this season. They have conceded 197, 182 and 155 in three innings they have bowled 20 overs this season. The Volts will be hoping to keep their line and length tight while facing the Knights.
Otago Volts predicted XI: Neil Broom, Hamish Rutherford, Nick Kelly, Josh Finnie, Dean Foxcroft, Anaru Kitchen, Nathan G Smith, Michael Rippon, Jacob Duffy, Max Chu (wk), Michael Rae
Northern Knights performance in Super Smash T20:
Explosive batsman Tim Seifert played a fine 75 runs knock against Auckland Aces and will hope to continue his form when the Knights face the Volts.
All-rounder Anton Devcich and Daryl Mitchell are expected to continue in their all-rounder roles. Scott Kuggeleijn can also play some big shot if needed. Kuggeleijn also picked three wickets against Auckland Aces and can be a key player for the Knights.
Northern Knights predicted XI: Tim Seifert (wk), Anton Devcich, Brett Hampton, Daryl Mitchell, Dean Brownlie, Scott Kuggeleijn, Daniel Flynn, Joe Carter, Ish Sodhi, Brett Randell, Anurag Verma
Pitch Report for today's Super Smash T20
It will be the first of two games of Super Smash 2019-20 season to be played at Molyneux Park Alexandra.
Only 1 match was played at the venue during Super Smash 2018-19. Northern Knights secured a 5-wicket win over Otago Volts while chasing a target of mere 100 in that match.
Northern Knights vs Otago Volts: Today's Match Prediction
- Nathan G Smith has picked 7 wickets in 4 games so far and is currently the 3rd highest wicket taker in Super Smash 2019-20. He picked 5 wickets when the two sides met each other earlier this season.
- Anurag Verma is 4th highest wicket taker in Super Smash 2019-20. He has picked 6 wickets so far and dismissed 3 batsmen in his 4 overs against Northern Knights.
- Daryl Mitchell was injured during their last meeting but picked 4 wickets in his 4 overs while giving away 32 runs.
- Neil Broom (198) and Nick Kelly (141) are currently Super Smash 2019-20 top two highest run scorers. Broom scored 66 runs while Kelly scored 85 off just 53 balls against Wellington Firebirds.
- 353 runs were scored when the two meet each other earlier this season and 41 boundaries were scored in that game including 18 sixes.