Mzansi Super League Prediction: Jozi stars vs Paarl Rocks
December 1, 2019,
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Jozi Stars have failed to register a single win this MSL T20 and are poised at the bottom of the league. Stars, who have not registered a win in their six matches, will be eager to open their points tally when they face Paarl Rocks on Sunday.
Paarl Rocks, on the other hand, have delivered some impressive performances to garner 19 points on the table. They are currently tied with Spartans and Giants for the first spot in the points table. The Faf du Plessis-led side has registered four wins from seven matches so far.
Jozi Stars’s performance in MSL t20:
In their previous match against Tshwane Spartans, Jozi Stars could not chase down the total of 155. After Chris Gayle‘s quick-fire knock of 54 runs, Stars failed to stitch any vital partnerships in the middle. They eventually managed to gather only 135 runs on the board adding just 22 runs after the dismissal of Temba Bavuma.
Jozi Stars will be steered by their skipper Bavuma from the front. He will be assisted by Van der Dussen and Reeza Hendricks to reinforce their batting line-up. Their bowling force will be guided by the likes of Kagiso Rabada, Aaron Phangiso and Duanne Olivier. Daniel Christian also has the potential to deliver in both departments.
Predicted XI: Reeza Hendricks, Ryan Rickelton, Temba Bavuma (C), Rassie van der Dussen, Sinethemba Qeshile (wk), Jacques Snyman, Daniel Christian, Lizaad Williams, Kagiso Rabada, Aaron Phangiso, Duanne Olivier.
Paarl Rocks’s performance in MSL t20:
In their previous game, Rocks could only amass 126 runs on the board after being put to bat by Tshwane Spartans. Their bowlers were then taken to cleaners as Spartans chased down the target only in 15 overs. Paarl Rocks will be eager to bounce back following the loss. Their batting force will be steered by James Vince, Cameron Delport and skipper Du Plessis.
Apart from the duo of Cameron Delport and Faf du Plessis, Rocks will be relying on Vince, Davids and Pretorius to gather runs on the scoreboard. Shamsi and Fortuin have also delivered impressive performances in the bowling department. Hardus Viljoen, Ferisco Adams and Isuru Udana have also delivered vital performances for Rocks.
Predicted XI: Henry Davids, Cameron Delport, Faf du Plessis (C), James Vince, Sibonelo Makhanya, Isuru Udana, Mangaliso Mosehle (wk), Hardus Viljoen, Bjorn Fortuin, Tabraiz Shamsi, Ferisco Adams.
Pitch and Conditions for today’s MSL t20 match:
It is an excellent track to bat at the New Wanderers. In the previous game on this pitch, the team batting first was able to amass 155 runs on the board. There are no chances of rain whatsoever and ample sun will be present during the course of play.
Out of 9 MSL T20 games played at the venue, teams batting first have won 3 games while chasing teams have won 6 games.
Average first innings score- 163
Today’s Football Match Prediction:
- Jozi Stars have won just one of the 4 head to head encounters.
- James Vince has scored 191 runs for Paarl Rocks from 5 innings at an average of 48 and a strike rate of 150+ with the top score of unbeaten 86. He was run out for a meagre 2 in the previous game and would be eager to make up for that.
- Bjorn Fortuin has picked up 8 wickets so far. Even in a game where they were taken to the cleaners he managed to bowl a maiden over and had an economy rate of 5.25.
- Dwaine Pretorius had picked a wicket and scored 37 off 26 in their last head to head clash.
- Only 23 boundaries were scored in the last game as the Rocks chased down a target of 130 with just 4 wickets and 3.5 overs left. Rocks scored 15 of these boundaries.
- It was a tight bowling spell from the Rocks bowlers, as they didn’t let the Stars batsmen free their arms. Ryan Rickelton, Reeza Hendricks and Rassie van der Dussen all scored in the 30s while Daniel Christian scored 23 but despite losing just 3 wickets, Stars could only score 129.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix