Super Smash 2019-20 Match Prediction: Auckland vs Canterbury
Hagley Oval, Christchurch
Auckland Aces face Canterbury Kings in their 2nd match of the Super Smash 2019-20 campaign. They are coming on the back of 13-run defeat against Otago Volts.
Meanwhile, Canterbury Kings are also coming on the back of a 6-wicket loss against Wellington and would be keen to bounce back from their average performance.
Auckland Aces’s performance in Super Smash T20:
Auckland batsmen had a lot of positive in their Super Smash opener against Otago. Martin Guptill looked in great touch, scoring 46 runs at a strike rate of 255.56. He, along with Colin Munro and Glenn Phillips, who scored the 1st and only century so far in the Super Smash 2019-20 season, will again look to provide a quick start to the Aces. Skipper Craig Cachopa and destructive all-rounder Corey Anderson will handle the middle order duties.
Mitchell McClenaghan was expensive but did his job, picking up 2 wickets. He is once again expected to lead Auckland Aces’ pace assault along with Kyle Jamieson. William Somerville and Ronnie Hira will handle the spin department.
Canterbury Kings’s performance in Super Smash T20:
Jack Boyle looked in fine touch in Kings’ opener against Wellington but threw away his wicket. Boyle scored 35 runs and along with Chad Bowes and Stephen Murdoch will be responsible to provide the Kings quick start. Captain Cole McConchie and wicket-keeper Cam Fletcher will take care of the middle order.
Ed Nuttall, Andrew Ellis and Henry Shipley are expected to continue their assault in pace while Cole McConchie will lead the spin attack along with Blake Coburn.
Auckland vs Canterbury Predicted line up:
Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Glenn Phillips (wk), Craig Cachopa, Corey Anderson, Ronnie Hira, Kyle Jamieson, Mark Chapman, Mitchell McClenaghan, William Somerville, Sean Solia
Chad Bowes, Jack Boyle, Stephen Murdoch, Cole McConchie, Cam Fletcher (wk), Andrew Ellis, Henry Shipley, Blake Coburn, Leo Carter, Will Williams, Ed Nuttall
Pitch Report for today's Super Smash T20:
Only 1 T20I match has been played at Hagley Oval, Christchurch – between New Zealand and England. It was won by England, who chased down the target of 154. However, 2 of the 3 games played in 2019-20 Super Smash have been won by the team batting first.
Today's T20 Match: Auckland vs Canterbury Prediction
- Martin Guptill looked in great touch in the Super Smash match against Otago Volts, scoring 46 runs at a strike rate of 255.56. His innings included 4 fours and 3 maximums.
- Cole McConchie took 3 wickets and gave away just 18 runs in 4 overs. He also scored 21 runs at a strike rate of 140.
- Glenn Phillips scored the first century of the 2019-20 Super Smash season. He scored not out 106 at a strike rate of 173.77, an innings which included 8 fours and 6 maximums.
- Mitchell McClenaghan took 2 wickets despite leaking 38 runs in 4 overs. However, he was the Aces most economical bowler.
- Only 3 Canterbury Kings batsmen scored with a strike rate of above 100 in their defeat to Wellington Firebirds but don’t expect that to happen again.