Super Smash 2019-20 Match Prediction: Northern Knights vs Otago Volts
Seddon Park, Hamilton
Northern Knights face Otago Volts in their 2nd game of the Super Smash 2019-20 on Monday. The Knights are coming on the back of a humiliating 120 runs defeat against Central Stags in Super Smash opener. They would be looking to overturn that result.
Meanwhile, Otago Volts had won their first game against Auckland by 13 runs and would be looking to build onto that win.
Northern Knights’s performance in Super Smash T20:
Ish Sodhi, 2 wickets for 27 runs, and Anton Devcich, 1 wicket for 24 runs, were brilliant with the ball but others were taken all over the park as Central Stags scored 221. Devcich contributed with the bat as well, scoring 35, but the team succumbed to big chase and were bundled out for 101.
Peter Bocock was preferred ahead of Tim Seifert behind the wicket in Knights’ opener. However, they are likely to use Seifert’s international experience going forward. Seifert is also a candidate for the opener. Meanwhile, Dean Brownlie and Daryl Mitchell will take charge in the middle order.
Ish Sodhi will once again lead the charge and Scott Kuggeleijn is likely to retain his place as well.
Otago Volts’s performance in Super Smash T20:
Hamish Rutherford and Neil Broom gave the Volts a quick start in their Super Smash opener against Auckland Aces, putting a 84-run partnership for the 1st wicket in just 8 overs. Captain Jacob Duffy is likely to continue with the same middle order despite their failures.
Nathan G Smith will lead the pace attack with Duffy while Foxcroft and Michael Rippon will hope to continue their impressive spells against the Knights.
Northern Knights vs Otago Volts Predicted line up:
Tim Seifert (wk), Daniel Flynn, Anton Devcich, Dean Brownlie, Joe Carter, Brett Hampton, Daryl Mitchell, Scott Kuggeleijn, Ish Sodhi, Anurag Verma, Matthew Fisher
Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, Josh Finnie, Anaru Kitchen, Dean Foxcroft, Michael Rippon, Max Chu (wk), Nathan G Smith, Jacob Duffy, Michael Rae
Pitch Report for today's Super Smash T20
It will be the first of the four games which will be played at Seddon Park, Hamilton during the Super Smash 2019-20 season.
Out of 11 T20I matches at the venue, 6 have been won by the team batting first.
Average 1st innings score-172. Average 2nd innings score- 160.
212 is highest total scored at Seddon Park while 202 is the highest total chased.
Super Smash T20 Predictions: Northern Knights vs Otago Volts
- Dean Foxcroft was excellent with bat and scored a quick fire 36 at a strike rate of 200. However, he would be disappointed after failing with the ball.
- Neil Broom scored 93 runs off 57 balls. His innings included 7 fours and 6 sixes while his opening partner Hamish Rutherford scored 52 runs at a strike rate of 226.09. They would like to give the Stags another blistering start.
- Auckland Aces’ Glenn Philips scored the 2019-20Super Smash’s 1st century against
- Otago Volts bowlers need to improve, having conceded 197, including a century.
- Anton Devcich scored 35 runs at a strike rate of 152.17 and took a wicket by giving away 24 runs in 3 overs and would be the key once again.
- Only 3 Northern Knights batsmen managed to score in double digits.