Big Bash League Predictions 2019: Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder
December 28, 2019
Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
The 14th match of the Big Bash League 2019-20 season will see Sydney Sixers lock horns with Sydney Thunder.
Sydney Thunder got off to a great start in BBL 2019-20. They have won back to back two games while one game was abandoned. They were in a good position to win their previous game against Adelaide Strikers before the match was called off due to poor air quality in Canberra.
Meanwhile, Sydney Sixers are 4th in the points table with two wins and as many defeats. However, they are coming off a thumping 48-run win over Perth Scorchers and will hope to continue their winning momentum.
Sydney Sixers performance in Big Bash League:
Sixers have opted for two changes in their side from the 13-man squad that defeated Perth Scorchers in the previous match. They have picked veteran spinner Steve O’Keefe and pace bowler Henry Thornton replacing Hayden Kerr and Mickey Edwards.
Sydney Sixers’ bowling has done a convincing job so far in the tournament and the same is expected when they will lock horns with Sydney Thunders.
Sydney Thunder’s performance in Big Bash League:
Sydney Thunder have made only one change from the squad that locked horns with Adelaide Strikers as they have picked Brendon Doggett, the right-arm fast bowler as a replacement for Nathan McAndrew.
However, all eyes will be on Chris Morris, who was recently bought by RCB in IPL 2020 auction at a whopping fee of 10 Cr. He would be eager to show his caliber in the upcoming game with a brilliant display of his all-round performances.
Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder Predicted Line-up:
Daniel Hughes, Josh Philippe (wk), James Vince, Moises Henriques, Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, Steve O’Keefe, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Lloyd Pope, Jackson Bird.
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Matthew Gilkes, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Chris Green, Arjun Nair, Chris Tremain, Jonathan Cook.
Pitch Report for today's BBL:
The track at Sydney Cricket ground is quite hard and is expected to go in favour of the batsmen. So far the fast bowlers have not got any extra bounce from the wicket and that is making it quite easy for the batsmen to smash the Pacers all across the park.
7 T20Is have been played at the venue and the team chasing the total have won four times while the team batting first have won it twice, 1 match ended in no result.
156 is the average 1st inning score while 134 is average score of team batting 2nd.
221/5 is the highest total recorded in an international game while 200/3 is the highest scores chased.
Off the two played in the Big Bash League 2019-20, each team batting first and chasing the total have won.
Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder: Today's Match Prediction
- Josh Philippe has scored 120 runs in three games and is currently 4th in the highest run scorers’ chart, just 14 behind leader Shaun Marsh.
- Daniel Sams and Sean Abbott has picked 6 wickets each in Big Bash League 2019-20 so far, 1 less than bowling chart leaders Riley Meredith and Haris Rauf.
- All the three batsmen of Sydney Thunder have played a fifty plus inning in the Big Bash 2019-20 in just 3 games, despite 1 of them ending in no result.
- Tom Curran scored 43* runs off 21 balls and picked a wicket in his 3 overs against Perth Scorchers. He is 10th in the bowling chart but just 2 wickets less than leaders Riley Meredith and Haris Rauf.
- Even though Chris Jordan has picked only 4 wickets in 3 games so far, three of them came in Sydney Sixers win over Perth Scorchers and is expected to pick more against Sydney Thunder.