Today T20 Match Prediction:West Indies Women vs India Women
November 21, 2019
Province Stadium, Guyana
India extended their domination in the series with another win in a rain curtailed match. However, they were not as comprehensive as they would have liked and would be eager to get back to their best.
Meanwhile, West Indies women have struggled so far in front of their home fans and though they came close in the last game, they were still some place from a good performance and would be keen to sign off on a high.
West Indies’s performance in the 1st T20I:
West Indies have struggled against the spin threat the Indians possess and that constitutes the main reason they haven’t been able to compete with the hosts. The Indians will be expected to win the final T20I as well although West Indies showed signs of improvement over the course of the series and should pose a real threat in Guyana.
Hayley Matthews starred for West Indies in the last game but couldn’t help the team cross the line.
Shabika Gajnabi replaced Shakera Selman in the last game but didn’t get a chance to perform. She should, however, keep her place.
Probable XI: Hayley Matthews, Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Natasha McLean, Shemaine Campbelle (WK), Sheneta Grimmond, Stacy Ann-King, Shabika Gajnabi, Anisa Mohammed (C), Kyshona Knight and Afy Fletcher.
India’s performance in the 1st T20I:
Having won the series already, India decided to rest Smriti Mandhana in it’s last T20I game. However, the batters struggled, with Pooja Vastrakar being the top scorer- 10 runs.
Mandhana should probably return for the game while Shafali Verma could be rested. Rest 10 should be same.
Probable XI: Smriti Mandhana, Jemimah Rodrigues, Veda Krishnamurthy, Harmanpreet Kaur (C), Deepti Sharma, Pooja Vastrakar, Harleen Deol, Taniya Bhatia (WK), Anuja Patil, Radha Yadav and Mansi Joshi.
Pitch Report Prediction:
Province Stadium has been a low scoring ground. Rain is expected to play spoilsport once again.
Out of 20 T20 games at the venue, team batting first have won 11 games while the chasing team have won 8 games. In the current series, teams batting first have won 1 and lost 1 of the 2 games. However, the loss can be contributed more to the fact that it was the struggling West Indies who batted first in that game.
Average 1st innings score- 130
Average 2nd innings score- 87
T20 Match Prediction:
- After managing just 7 wickets in the first 3 games, West Indies women bounced back to dismiss 7 Indian batters in just 9 overs in the 4th T20I. However, that might be credited to an off-day for Indian batters and don’t expect it to happen again.
- After impressing in the first T20Is, Shafali Verma has struggled in the last 2 games but can be back to form if she plays.
- Jemimah Rodrigues has scored 40 and 7 in the 2 innings she has batted in the T20I series so far.
- Deepti Sharma has picked up 8 wickets in the series so far, including a 4-fer, and expect her to trouble the host once again.
- The Indian spinners have troubled the West Indies throughout the tour with Deepti Sharma, Poonam Yadav and Radha Yadhav picking up 27 wickets on the tour. Expect them to repeat their heroics once again.