EPL Predictions 2019: Burnley vs Man City
December 4, 2019,
Turf Moor, Burnley
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Manchester City are now a serious outsider in the title race, having dropped 11 points behind leaders Liverpool following their draw against West Ham Utd in the last game. In fact, they have dropped 3 points behind 2nd placed Leicester. They face a tricky trip to Burnley, whose 2-game winning run was ended by Crystal Palace on Saturday, at the EPL 2019.
Burnley have struggled for consistency at times, following up back-to-back 3-0 victories with a 2-0 defeat at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday – their fourth league defeat in their last six outings, after losing just 2 of first 8.
Burnley’s performance in EPL 2019:
Danny Drinkwater was an unused substitute for Burnley at the weekend and will hope to make his debut for the Clarets over the festive period.
Ashley Westwood returns from suspension, however, and is expected back in midfield.
Erik Pieters will hope to regain his starting spot at left-back given the quick turnaround between matches, given Charlie Taylor was forced to come off in the first half of the loss at the weekend with a hamstring problem.
Aaron Lennon and Jay Rodriguez could also benefit from any rotation applied by Sean Dyche.
Burnley will use a 4-3-3 formation.
Probable starting XI: Nick Pope; Phil Bardsley, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Erik Pieters; Jeff Hendrick, Ashely Westwood, Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil; Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes.
Manchester City’s performance in EPL 2019:
Bernardo Silva, Rodri, Angelino and Joao Cancelo will hope to benefit from any rotation applied by Pep Guardiola following their 2-2 draw with Newcastle on Saturday.
Manchester City will still be without four players on Tuesday night, including Sergio Aguero, who joins Leroy Sane, Aymeric Laporte and Oleksandr Zinchenko.
The likes of Rodri, Bernardo Silva and Joao Cancelo all sat out at the weekend and will be hopeful of a recall.
Raheem Sterling and Kevin De Bruyne could be among the players to keep their places having both been on the scoresheet at the weekend, while Gabriel Jesus is likely to lead the line once again in Aguero’s absence.
They will likely use 4-3-3 formation.
Probable starting XI: Ederson; Kyle Walker, John Stones, Fernandinho, Angelino; Kevin De Bruyne, Ilkay Gundogan, David Silva; Bernardo Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling.
EPL match predictions - Burnley vs Man City:
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 13 of Man City’s last 15 Premier League games with Man City scoring at least 2 goals in 13 of these 15 matches.
- Man City have won 7 of their last 8 matches against Burnley in all competitions. However, they have only won 2 of their last 4 matches at Turf Moor.
- Man City have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Burnley in all competitions. However, they are without clean sheet in last 7 games in all competitions.
- Burnley’s winning streak lasted two matches after losing 2-0 at home to Crystal Palace on Saturday. The Clarets have lost four of their last six EPL games.
- Man City have not won back to back away games against Burnley in top-flight since March 1968. Meanwhile, Burnley have won their last 3 Premier League home games on Tuesday.
- Burnley have won 3 of their 5 Premier League home games against the reigning champions- only Manchester United have a higher ratio in such games.
- Raheem Sterling is 1 goal behind Sergio Aguero’s tally and might overtake him as club’s top scorer in the tournament this EPL 2019.
- Kevin de Bruyne might add to his tally of 9 assists.