UEFA Champions League (UCL) Match Prediction: Liverpool vs Napoli
November 28, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning.
Liverpool will secure top spot in Group E with a win over second place Napoli on Wednesday. Jurgen Klopp’s side are facing Napoli at the ideal moment, as the Serie A outfit are in turmoil on and off the pitch.
Liverpool could book their place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a game to spare when they welcome Napoli to Anfield on Wednesday night.
The holders will secure top spot in Group E with victory, but Napoli are the only team to beat them inside normal time this Champions League 2019 and know that a win of their own would also secure their place in the knockout rounds.
Liverpool’s performance in Champions League:
Mohamed Salah was an unused substitute in Liverpool’s 2-1 win away to Crystal Palace on Saturday, suggesting he will be fine to start against Napoli on Wednesday.
Jordan Henderson recovered from illness to start against Palace and the Liverpool skipper will continue in midfield alongside Fabinho and Georginio Wijnaldum here.
Andrew Robertson was considered a major doubt prior to the clash with Palace but recovered from an ankle injury to start.
They will stick to 4-3-3 formation.
Napoli’s performance in Champions League:
Lorenzo Insigne left the 1-1 draw with AC Milan on Saturday with an elbow injury and will miss out here.
Arkadiusz Milik is injured and is a big loss for Napoli, while Kevin Malcuit remain sidelineds for the away side.
Kostas Manolas was an unused substitute against Milan and should make his return from injury at Anfield.
Faouzi Ghoulam, Mario Rui and Fabian Ruiz have made the travelling squad despite fitness concerns.
Fernando Llorente, who won’t start, will miss Napoli’s last group game if he is booked on Wednesday night.
They are expected to use a 4-4-2 formation.
Liverpool vs Napoli: Predicted Line-up
Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Virgil aan Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, Georginio Wijnaldum; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane.
Alex Meret; Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Kostas Manolas, Kalidou Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Jose Callejon, Allan, Piotr Zielinski, Fabian Ruiz; Hirving Lozano, Dries Mertens.
Champion's League: Liverpool vs Napoli Prediction
- Liverpool have won 5 of their last 6 UEFA Champions League matches, with the only loss coming against Napoli in the return fixture.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Liverpool’s last 3 UEFA Champions League games. Expect that to continue.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 UEFA Champions League matches and with the return of Mohamed Salah and the form of others, expect them to do so again.
- Napoli are undefeated in 9 of their last 10 UEFA Champions League matches. However, Napoli have only won two of their last 10 matches in all competitions, drawing five of their last six. If they play the way they have played in the last few games, Liverpool might be a tough nut to crack especially at home, where they are yet to lose since September 2018.
- Liverpool, however, haven’t kept a single clean sheet at Anfield this season and might struggle to do once again.
- Liverpool have won 22 of their last 24 matches across all competitions and might win once again.
- In their last nine games, Liverpool have scored 9 goals in the final 15 minutes, with 7 of those proving decisive to the final result as the Reds have turned defeats and draws into win after win. Expect them to score late once again, especially if that is needed to decide the Champions League Results of who wins the game.