Champions League Predictions: Real Madrid vs PSG
November 27, 2019,
Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning.
Real Madrid host PSG in a must win match if they have to stand a chance to qualify as the group winner. In fact, a defeat could even keep their hope of advancing to the next round hanging in balance. Given they face Club Brugge, who are still in contention, in the last group match. Wins in both the games, coupled with a loss her for Real would send Brugge through.
However, a win would keep them within 2 points of pool leaders PSG, who would secure the top spot if they avoid a defeat. Thomas Tuchel’s side beat Madrid 3-0 in the reverse fixture back in September and that remains their standout performance of 2019/20.
Real Madrid’s performance in Champions League:
Gareth Bale helped Real Madrid to victory over Real Sociedad from the bench on Saturday but his arrival to the pitch was met by boos and whistles.
The Wales international will hope to start an important game like this but it remains to be seen whether that will be the case.
Toni Kroos will return to the side after dropping to the bench at the weekend.
Lucas Vazquez and James Rodriguez both remain sidelined for Zinedine Zidane’s side, while Nacho was in line for a return but is not a part of the 19-man squad.
They are likely to use 4-3-3 formation.
Probable starting XI: Thibaut Courtois; Marcelo, Raphael Varane, Sergio Ramos, Daniel Carvajal; Luka Modric, Casemiro, Toni Kroos; Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Eden Hazard.
PSG’s performance in Champions League:
Paris Saint-Germain have both Neymar and Kylian Mbappe available and they are expected to start their first game together this season.
Thomas Tuchel therefore has the difficult decision of leaving one of Angel Di Maria or Mauro Icardi out on Tuesday night.
Marco Verratti has made the travelling squad for Tuesday’s game after missing out at the weekend through injury, but Ander Herrera, Layvin Kurzawa, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting and Thilo Kehrer remain sidelined.
Di Maria and Verratti will miss PSG’s final group game if they are booked against Madrid.
Keylor Navas and Di Maria will return to his former club.
PSG too are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Probable starting XI: Keylor Navas; Thomas Meunier, Thiago Silva, Presnel Kimpembe, Juan Bernat; Idrissa Gueye, Marquinhos, Marco Verratti; Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Angel di Maria.
Today’s Football Match Prediction
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 34 of Real Madrid’s last 38 UEFA Champions League games. Expect no less in this game either.
- PSG have won 7 of their last 8 UEFA Champions League matches, including the reverse fixture. Though it might be difficult for them to repeat that feet.
- PSG have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 UEFA Champions League matches, something that can be banked on.
- Real Madrid have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against PSG in all competitions. Another goal-fest may be on cards.
- Real Madrid have won 4 and PSG have won 3 of their 9 head to head games in all competitions. They are unbeaten in 11 Champions League home matches against French opponents.
- Madrid are unbeaten at home in all competitions this season (W6, D3), while PSG have won seven of their last eight away from home. This is a difficult match to call, as both teams have been difficult to read throughout the campaign. However, home soil and history might favour Madrid.
- PSG have never won back to back matches against Real Madrid and despite their team and form, they are less likely to do it on Tuesday.
- PSG have lost their last 5 Champions League away games against Spanish clubs.
We are eager to see the Champions League Results this season and hope these predictions helped you.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix