UEFA Champions League (UCL) Match Prediction: Valencia vs Chelsea
November 27, 2019,
Mestalla Stadium, Valencia
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning.
Chelsea travel to Spain to face Valencia knowing that they need to avoid defeat in order to remain in a top-two position in Group H.
Valencia, Chelsea and Ajax all are tied on seven points in Group H with two games left to play this Champions League 2019. Valencia and Chelsea warmed up with 2-1 defeats at the weekend.
When Chelsea faced Valencia on Matchday One, they were still attempting to adjust to life under Frank Lampard, and the visitors ultimately managed to prevail at Stamford Bridge after the Blues had failed to build on a promising start.
That disappointment acted as the catalyst for Chelsea to begin to put in better performances in all areas of the pitch, providing them with success on both the domestic and European front.
However, Valencia welcome the Premier League giants aware that completing the double over the Blues will put them on the brink of qualifying for the Champions League last 16.
Valencia’s performance in Champions League:
Valencia have huge injury problems ahead of their penultimate Champions League group game of the season, with at least five first-team players expected to miss out on Wednesday night.
With Mouctar Diakhaby ruled out and Ezequiel Garay a doubt, former Premier League defenders Gabriel Paulista and Eliaquim Mangala could start against Chelsea.
Unless Francis Coquelin recovers from injury, Daniel Wass may have to adapt in central midfield for the second game running.
Kevin Gameiro, who only featured off the bench against Betis, might start.
Denis Cheryshev is closing in on a return from injury, but no risks will be taken on the fitness of the Russia international.
They are likely to field a 4-4-2 formation.
Probable starting XI: Jasper Cillessen; Jaume Costa, Gabriel Paulista, Eliaquim Mangala, Jose Gaya; Ferran Torres, Daniel Parejo, Daniel Wass, Carlos Soler; Maxi Gomez, Rodrigo Moreno.
Chelsea’s performance in Champions League:
Mason Mount will push for a recall after only making the bench against City but both N’Golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic played well in midfield.
Andreas Christensen and Callum Hudson-Odoi are also pushing for starting roles, although Frank Lampard may opt to keep alterations down to a minimum.
Reece James and Marcos Alonso are options if changes are made at full-back by Lampard.
Lampard is likely to stick to his favourable 4-3-3 formation.
Valencia vs Chelsea: Predicted Line-up
Jasper Cillessen; Jaume Costa, Gabriel Paulista, Eliaquim Mangala, Jose Gaya; Ferran Torres, Daniel Parejo, Daniel Wass, Carlos Soler; Maxi Gomez, Rodrigo Moreno.
Kepa Arrizabalaga; Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori, Alonso; N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Willian; Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Tammy Abraham.
Champion's League: Valencia vs Chelsea Prediction
- Valencia have only lost one of their last nine home games in all competitions but currently have a huge injury list to contend with on Wednesday night.
- Chelsea had won seven away matches in a row prior to defeat at City on Saturday. Given Valencia’s injury crisis, this is a huge opportunity for Frank Lampard’s side to take a major step towards qualification.
- Valencia have won just 1 of their 7 Champions League matches against Chelsea, winning the reverse fixture 1-0.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their 3 away games against Valencia in Champions League. Given, they are a much better side than they were in their last head to head meeting, expect Chelsea to stay unbeaten.
- Chelsea have lost just 1 of their last 11 away matches in Spain in the Champions League and though it was in their latest such visit, at Barcelona, expect Chelsea to return home with at least a point, if not more.
- Valencia have won 3 of their last 4 home matches in the Champions League, a run that started after they had lost 4 of their last 5.
We are eager to see the Champions League Results this season and hope these predictions helped you.