Today’s Football Match Prediction: Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion FC
September 28, 2019,
Stamford Bridge, Chelsea
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with the English Premier League 2019.
After a thumping win in the Carabao Cup, Chelsea host Brighton & Hove Albion FC side, who are unbeaten in their last 2 matches, in their Premier League clash as they look to shake off their shaky start and improve upon their position – they are currently ranked 11th. Chelsea will also be aiming to get their first home league win of the season.
Squads and Predicted Lineups:
Chelsea have a number of fitness concerns in defence. Emerson Palmieri has been ruled out until after the international break while Antonio Rudiger is likely to miss out again with a groin problem.
Andreas Christensen might recover from twisted knee but is unlikely to start. However, Frank Lampard has a problem of plenty in the midfield with the return to fitness of Mason Mount, Callum Hudson-Odoi. Hudson-Odoi should return to the Premier League squad for the first time since he ruptured his achilles tendon in April.
Chelsea are expected to stick to the 4-3-3 formation they used against Liverpool last week. However, injury to Emerson means Marcos Alonso, who substituted the former in the last game, should start. Andreas Christensen also left that game with injury and should be replaced by Kurt Zouma in the starting XI.
Predicted line-up: Kepa; Cesar Azpilicueta, Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso, Kurt Zouma; N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic; Willian, Mason Mount, Tammy Abraham
Brighton & Hove Albion FC
Brighton look to be short of options in attack, with Leandro Trossard ruled out, whilst Jose Izquierdo and Alireza Jahanbakhsh are also expected to remain on the sidelines. Solly March missed last weekend’s trip to Newcastle, but Graham Potter is optimistic that he can be back in contention for this game.
Jahanbakhsh is expected to continue with the 3-4-3 line-up.
Predicted line-up: Mat Ryan; Adam Webster, Lewis Dunk, Dan Burn; Martin Montoya, Davy Propper, Dale Stephens, Steven Alzate; Aaron Mooy, Pascal Gross, Neal Maupay
With this, we move on to predicting which team will today’s match?
- Chelsea have won all 8 of their league meetings against Brighton & Hove Albion FC. Another win would set the record for the most matches against an opponent while winning each time since Football League began in 1888.
- Brighton & Hove Albion FC have taken only 1 point from 13 PL away matches at last season’s top 6 sides. They lost the same fixture 3-0 last season.
- Chelsea have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 10 games in all competitions, including all nine under Frank Lampard. They have conceded 13 goals so far- 3rd most in Premier League. However, Brighton have scored just 5 goals so far and have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 away games, so Lampard might finally manage a clean sheet.
- Tammy Abraham is 2nd highest goal scorer in the league so far this season with 7 goals. However, he is yet to score a league goal against the Seagulls despite facing them 4 times.
- Brighton are aiming to improve their Premier League away record against last season’s top-six sides, having picked up just one point in 13 such matches. Given the way Chelsea, and specially Tammy Abraham, are scoring it looks a herculean task for the Seagulls.
- Chelsea have scored 3rd most-highest goal in Premier League this season with majority of that coming from their England stars. Expect Abraham and Co. to improve that tally even though Brighton have a relatively better defensive record. They have conceded 8 goals- only 3 more than Liverpool.