English Premier League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Arsenal vs Man United
Jan 2, 2020,
Arsenal will be hoping that 2020 treats them better than 2019 when they host Man United at the Emirates Stadium on New Year’s Day.
The Gunners ended the year on a run of just one win in their last 15 games across all competitions, culminating in a dramatic late collapse to lose to Chelsea last time out.
The result leaves Mikel Arteta still searching for his first win in charge of the club, while they begin the New Year sitting 12th in the table and 11 points adrift of the Champions League places.
Meanwhile, Man Utd had a good run off-late which sees them within 4 points of top 4. They have beaten Burnley and Newcastle in their last 2 games, which seem to have eased their pressure a bit because they were struggling against the ‘smaller sides’.
Arsenal’s performance in EPL 2019:
Reiss Nelson has started Mikel Arteta’s first two English Premier League matches in charge of Arsenal, leaving club-record signing Nicolas Pepe on the bench.
Calum Chambers limped off against Chelsea with a knee injury and may play no part here. Shkodran Mustafi could get the nod if Sokratis does not recover from his own injury in time.
Arteta will hope to have Granit Xhaka available after the midfielder missed the defeat to Chelsea on Sunday through illness.
Bernd Leno is expected to be retained despite his howler against Chelsea which cost Arsenal the game.
Man United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Paul Pogba wasn’t in the right condition to play against Burnley on Saturday but is expected to return here.
Scott McTominay remains sidelined with a knee injury.
Daniel James and Mason Greenwood compete for a starting spot on the right wing.
Andreas Pereira or Jesse Lingard will play behind the lone striker.
Luke Shaw and Aaron Wan-Bissaka will return to the side after being rested at the weekend.
Arsenal vs Man United Predicted line-up:
Bernd Leno; Bukayo Saka, David Luiz, Shkodran Mustafi, Ainsley Maitland-Niles; Lucas Torreira, Granit Xhaka; Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Mesut Ozil, Reiss Nelson; Alexandre Lacazette.
David de Gea; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw; Fred, Paul Pogba; Daniel James, Andreas Pereira, Marcus Rashford; Anthony Martial.
EPL 2019: Arsenal vs Man United Prediction
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 4 home games in PL.
- Arsenal have lost their last 3 home matches in the PL.
- Arsenal have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 home matches in PL.
- Man Utd recorded an impressive 2-0 win away to Burnley on Saturday. The Red Devils kept their first clean sheet in the English Premier League since September in the process.
- Man Utd have won two of their last three matches away to Arsenal, though did lose 2-0 to the Gunners last time out at the Emirates. Nevertheless, they have the momentum heading into their New Year’s Day encounter.
- Aubameyang has scored 13 goals in the EPL so far this season. He is just one behind Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford. Don’t be surprised if one of these 2 stars settled the game.