English Premier League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Man City vs Crystal Palace
January 18, 2020, Etihad Stadium, Manchester
After a stunning performance in their last Premier League game which saw them beat Aston Villa 6-1, Man City host Crystal Palace on Saturday as they look to continue separating themselves away from 3rd placed Leicester in the PL table.
Meanwhile, Crystal Palace are coming on the back of a 1-1 draw against Arsenal in the PL. It extended their winless run to 4 games. They need a positive result as it is getting really tight towards the bottom half of the PL table. They are 10 pts off top 4 and 8 pts off the relegation zone.
Man City performance in EPL 2019:
Both Leroy Sane and Aymeric Laporte are nearing a return to full fitness and should be back in action early next month, with the treatment room now vacant.
Following the 6-1 annihilation of Aston Villa last weekend Pep Guardiola must be tempted to field both Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus from the start once more.
However, both Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva will be itching to return, so one or the other will likely lose their place, along with David Silva from the midfield.
They are likely to use a 4-3-3 formation.
Man City predicted XI:
Ederson; Kyle Walker, Fernandinho, John Stones, Oleksandr Zinchenko; Rodrigo, Bernardo Silva, Kevin De Bruyne; Raheem Sterling, Sergio Aguero, Riyad Mahrez.
Crystal Palace performance in EPL 2019:
Without as many as nine first team players, Roy Hodgson has been working wonders with this Palace squad and has little choice but to field a very similar lineup to that which earned a point against Arsenal last weekend.
Max Meyer was forced off through injury, however, following a poor tackle by Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and the German is unlikely to recover for the trip to the Etihad.
There could be a first start for loan signing Cenk Tosun in turn, with Jordan Ayew forced into a wide role on the right.
Luka Milivojevic is suspended and Christian Benteke is also doubtful.
They are likely to use a 4-5-1 formation.
EPL 2019: Man City vs Crystal Palace Predictions
- Man City have recovered brilliantly from their 3-2 defeat to Wolves in December, winning each of their five games since.
- Sergio Aguero has been directly involved in six goals across his last three games in all competitions, scoring five and assisting another. He is City’s leading goalscorer with 13, 2 ahead of Raheem Sterling.
- Kevin de Bruyne has more assists than any other PL player- 14.
- Man City have won 27 of their last 31 home matches in PL.
- Man City have won 16 of their last 19 matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 12 of Man City’s last 13 PL games.
- Man City have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 6 home matches against Crystal Palace in all competitions.
- Crystal Palace have drawn their last 3 PL matches.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Crystal Palace’s last 6 away games in PL.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches in PL.