English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Manchester United vs Brighton Hove Albion
Sunday, 10 November, 2019
Old Trafford, Manchester
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Manchester United return to Old Trafford after back-to-back away trips to host Brighton & Hove Albion on Sunday.
United bounced back from their 1-0 defeat to Bournemouth in their last league game with a 3-0 win over Partizan in the Champions League on Wednesday, a game their boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer called a template for them for the rest of the season.
Meanwhile, Brighton & Hove Albion have climbed above United and sit eighth in the table after three wins in their last four outings. 2 points separate them from 10th placed United.
Brighton boss Graham Potter’s only win as a Premier League player came against Man Utd, with Southampton in 1996/97, and Solskjaer was among his opponents that day.
Manchester United’s performance in EPL 2019:
A back injury kept Victor Lindelof out of Thursday’s encounter with Partizan Belgrade and he remains a doubt. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaped praise on Marcos Rojo after Thursday’s display and he will start if Lindelof fails to recover in time.
Scott McTominay is a major doubt after limping off against Partizan with an ankle injury. He tried to carry on but eventually had to come off. Nemanja Matic and Paul Pogba are also out.
Ashley Young is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the Premier League campaign last weekend, which should see Brandon Williams make his full league debut at left-back for the Red Devils with Luke Shaw still unavailable.
Juan Mata might replace Andreas Pereira after their contrasting performances against Partizan.
Mason Greenwood scored another goal in midweek but Daniel James is expected to start ahead of the teenager.
United are likely to use 4-2-3-1 formation.
Brighton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Adam Webster was stretchered off with an ankle injury in Brighton’s win over Norwich last weekend and is expected to miss out on Sunday. Bernardo and Jose Izquierdo are still sidelined for Brighton.
Shane Duffy scored from the bench last weekend and will start in place of Webster at Old Trafford. Leandro Trossard also impressed as a substitute with a goal and an assist and will pressure Pascal Gross and Steven Alzate for a place on the wing.
Lewis Dunk will incur a one-match ban in the Premier League with his next booking in the competition.
Brighton are expected to field a 4-4-2 formation.
Manchester United vs Brighton Hove: Predicted Line-up
David de Gea; Brandon Williams, Marcos Rojo, Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka; Fred, Scott McTominay; Marcus Rashford, Andreas Pereira, Daniel James; Anthony Martial.
Mat Ryan; Martin Montoya, Shane Duffy, Lewis Dunk, Dan Burn; Pascal Groß, Davy Propper, Dale Stephens, Steven Alzate; Aaron Connolly, Neal Maupay.
EPL 2019: Manchester United vs Liverpool prediction
- Manchester United are unbeaten in all 11 of their home matches against Brighton in all competitions, winning nine and drawing two. However, surprisingly Brighton have won 2 and lost 2 of their 4 head to head games in the Premier League, with both the sides taking the spoils at their home- by one goal. United might edge Brighton to peep them in the table as well, however, the one-goal difference history might not stay after the game.
- On three occasions since the start of last season, two players have come off the bench to score for Brighton in the Premier League, twice more than any other side. It might be tough, given United have been faring ok at home, but don’t write this off completely.
- Brighton have failed to win 33 of their last 37 away Premier League matches and United might be able to stretch their unbeaten run against Brighton at home.
- Brighton have won 3 of their last 4 games. However, all 3 were at home and they are winless on the road.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Manchester United’s last 8 Premier League games. However, given the defensive woes of both the sides- United have conceded 11 goals while Brighton have leaked 15 in the league so far this season, there might be a few goals to entertain the crowd.
- Neal Maupay has scored 4 goals, just one less than Marcus Rashford, and might find the back of the net once again, given United’s defensive struggles- they have just one clean sheet in the league since their opening round win- don’t be surprised if Maupay adds to his tally.
- Anthony Martial has scored 3 goals and has 1 assist despite playing just 6 games in the league so far this EPL 2019. He might once again get his name on the goal-scorer sheet.
- Rashford has scored 5 goals so far in the league this season, but 4 of them have come against sides seating in the top 4 at the moment. Though, he might trouble the Brighton side, you can bet against him scoring, though it might be a tough call. However, he might be able to add to his tally of 3 assists.
We hope you get a better chance at answering the questions in the Nostra Pro app with this epl predictions 2019 20