English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Newcastle vs Man City
November 30, 2019,
St James’ Park, Newcastle
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Manchester City’s pursuit of Premier League leaders Liverpool will continue on Saturday afternoon when they make the trip to Newcastle United. Pep Guardiola’s side are currently third in the table – nine points off the summit – while Newcastle are down in 14th spot having suffered a 2-0 loss away to Aston Villa in the Monday Night Football.
Meanwhile, Newcastle are 14th with 4 wins, 3 draws and 6 defeat. Newcastle, who actually lead the head-to-head record 72 wins to City’s 68, are aiming to extend their unbeaten home run to six Premier League matches and move into the top half of the table.
Newcastle United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Sean Longstaff is available following suspension and could come into the side at the expense of either Jonjo Shelvey or Isaac Hayden.
Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Ritchie sit out the welcome of Manchester City through injury, while Florian Lejeune is still working his way back to full fitness following a long spell on the sidelines.
Fabian Schar may come into the XI that started the 2-0 loss at Aston Villa.
Newcastle are likely to use a 5-4-1 formation.
Manchester City’s performance in EPL 2019:
Sergio Aguero joins Aymeric Laporte, Leroy Sane and Oleksandr Zinchenko on the sidelines, which should pave the way for Gabriel Jesus to lead the line.
Bernardo Silva is available following a one-match ban and could start at the expense of Riyad Mahrez on the right.
Joao Cancelo has been featuring prominently from right-back at Kyle Walker’s expense of late and may continue despite playing the full 90 minutes against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday night.
City should stick to the 4-3-3 formation.
Newcastle vs Man City: Predicted Line-up
Martin Dubravka; DeAndre Yedlin, Fabian Schar, Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Jetro Willems; Miguel Almiron, Sean Longstaff, Isaac Hayden, Allan Saint-Maximin; Joelinton.
Ederson; Joao Cancelo, Fernandinho, John Stones, Benjamin Mendy; David Silva, Rodri, Kevin De Bruyne; Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Bernardo Silva.
EPL 2019: Newcastle vs Man City Prediction
- Man City have won 23 of their last 27 Premier League matches. They should add another number to it.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 12 of Man City’s last 14 games (Premier League).
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in 12 of their last 14 Premier League matches and it might happen again.
- Newcastle have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Man City in all competitions. It might be another such day.
- City have won 23 of their last 27 top-flight matches coming into this clash and should probably add another.
- Kevin de Bruyne leads the assist chart with 9 and should be able to add to it.
- Newcastle United haven’t lost at home in Premier League since the opener and are aiming to extend than run to six Premier League matches and move into the top half of the table. However, that might be a big task to ask.
- The Magpies have only conceded four goals at St James’ Park this season. Only Leicester City have shipped fewer at home, with three. However, Man City will increase that tally.
- Man City have scored in their last 21 Premier League matches against Newcastle, winning 18 of them. Only against Fulham have they had a longer scoring streak in the competition, with 22 matches.
- Riyad Mahrez is one goal away from becoming the first Algerian to reach 50 in the Premier League and might come from bench to do so.