English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Everton vs Chelsea
December 7, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Everton host Chelsea in Premier League on Saturday with an aim to turnaround their fortune and give their new temporary manager Duncan Ferguson a positive start. They are coming on the back of a 5-2 defeat against Liverpool which completed the sacking of Marco Silva, whose future was already hanging by a thread.
Chelsea, however, bounced back from last weekend’s PL defeat to West Ham with a 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Wed. They remain six points ahead of fifth place heading into gameweek 16.
Everton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Everton have lost three matches in a row and are now in the bottom three after Southampton beat Norwich in midweek. The result ultimately led to Marco Silva sacking, who had somehow managed to survive the axes till then.
- Djibril Sidibe had a shocker against Liverpool in midweek and Silva will hope to recall Seamus Coleman to the starting XI on Saturday.
- Theo Walcott was fit enough for a place on the bench and may be drafted into the XI after several ineffective performances from Everton’s forwards in midweek.
- Gylfi Sigurdsson failed to make any impact against Liverpool. However, the new manager might not take too much risk dropping him. Morgan Schneiderlin is another option to start for the Toffees.
With new manager in charge, expect heavy rotation in the squad.
Chelsea’s performance in EPL 2019:
Antonio Rudiger is back in training and is expected to start one of Chelsea’s next three matches, as Frank Lampard shuffles his pack for the busy festive schedule.
Ross Barkley missed Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Aston Villa through illness and remains a doubt here, though is unlikely to be considered for a starting berth.
Neither Marcos Alonso nor Emerson are in favour at the moment but they will surely be considered at some point over the festive period.
Tammy Abraham was forced off towards the end of Chelsea’s win over Villa but Lampard downplayed the seriousness after the EPL game and is likely to start again.
Jorginho will return to the starting XI at Goodison Park, while Mason Mount will keep his place after scoring in the last game. Willian came off injured against Villa but is not serious.
Everton vs Chelsea: Predicted Line-up
Jordan Pickford; Lucas Digne, Michael Keane, Yerry Mina, Seamus Coleman; Tom Davies, Gylfi Sigurdsson; Richarlison, Alex Iwobi, Theo Walcott; Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
Kepa Arrizabalaga; Reece James, Antonio Rudiger, Fikayo Timori, Emerson; N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic; Christian Pulisic, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount.
EPL 2019-20: Everton vs Chelsea Prediction
- Everton are trying to end a three-match losing streak after dropping into the bottom three.
- Fourth-placed Chelsea are seeking a sixth away win of the EPL 2019
- Everton have won six of their last 10 home league matches against Chelsea, more than they had in their previous 24 against them at Goodison Park in the top flight.
- Against no side has Everton’s Gylfi Sigurdsson scored more Premier League goals than he has against Chelsea, with five.
- Chelsea have scored 19 away league goals this season, matching a club record after seven road trips of a league campaign, level with 1966/67 and 2008/09.
- Tammy Abraham has scored more goals in Saturday matches than any other player this season, with nine. He has scored 11 overall in the EPL 2019
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 7 away games in Premier League. However, there have been under 2.5 goals in Everton’s last 3 home games in PL.
- Everton have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Everton have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Chelsea have failed to score in their last three matches against Everton but they won’t catch the Toffees at a better moment to end that run.