UEFA Euro Qualifiers Prediction: Real Madrid vs Club Brugge
October 1, 2019,
Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning.
After suffering their joint-heaviest defeat in the Champions Premier League opener against Paris Saint Germain, Real bounced back in style to earn 7 out of a possible 9 points in the next 3 games, in La Liga. The last one of them, in particular, must have given them a huge boost of confidence as they look to get their Champions League campaign back on track when they host Belgium’s Club Brugge on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Brugge warm-up for the clash with a 5-0 thumping win in their league and know that the Spanish giants are still coping to life and can be beaten. They must be riding high in confidence, and must have found the chemistry right as their season started a bit earlier, given their long Champions League qualifier campaign, and the draw against Galatasaray in their group stage opener.
Real Madrid’s performance in EPL 2019:
Real Madrid are still unbeaten in LaLiga after 7 games and lead the table, despite having tricky start, which included the famous Madrid derby. They lost to PSG in the opener, but if any team can bounce back from such defeats, it has to be Real Madrid, especially under their current manager Zinedine Zidane, who got them to 3 back to back Champions League titles.
Madrid currently have an issue at left-back with Ferland Mendy struggling with a neck complaint while Marcelo has been ruled out. Nacho may start on the left while Luka Modric may also start after returning from injury as a second-half substitute against Atletico. Vinicius Junior or Lucas Vazquez could be in line for starts as Zidane sticks to 4-3-3.
Club Brugge’s performance in EPL 2019:
Club Brugge are unbeaten in the whole of the EPL 2019 season and just like Real, lead their domestic league.
Defender Federico Ricca has not played since the draw with Galatasaray but was on the bench for the clash with Mechelen at the wknd, suggesting that he could return to the XI. Eder Balanta is a doubt with a hamstring problem.
Former Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet will start between the sticks, while Hans Vanaken – who has three Champions League goals to his name this season – is also likely to feature in the 3-5-2 formation.
Real Madrid vs Club Brugge: Predicted Line-up
Thibaut Courtois; Dani Carvajal, Raphaël Varane, Sergio Ramos, Nacho; Luka Modric, Casemiro, Toni Kroos; Vinicius, Karim Benzema, Eden Hazard.
Simon Mignolet; Simon Deli, Matej Mitrovic, Clinton Mata; Federico Ricca, Mats Rits, Hans Vanaken, Ruud Vormer, Krépin Diatta; Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis, David Okereke
EPL 2019: Real Madrid vs Club Brugge Prediction
- Real lost 2 back to back games in the Champions League for the first time since 2013, when they lost to PSG in the opener.
- The PSG game highlighted Madrid’s defensive fragility. However, Real have kept clean sheet in all 3 games since then. In fact, they have allowed just 1 short on target in those 3 games.
- Club Brugge have scored 8 goals in their last 2 games and irrespective of Real’s performance in the last 3 games, there’s no denying that the Los Blancos are vulnerable in the back and the Belgians can exploit the chance.
- Real failed to score against Brugge in their last 2 meetings and lost the latest one of them, back in the European Cup days in 1976-77.
- Real Madrid have won last 3 home games against Belgian side with an aggregate of 14-2. They haven’t lost since December 1969.
- Real have lost their last 2 Champions League games at Santiago Bernabéu- 3-0 to CSKA Moscow and 4-1 to Ajax.
- Karim Benzema has scored 5 goals this English Premier League and is likely to open his Champions League account.