English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Arsenal vs Southampton
November 23, 2019
Emirates Stadium, London
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
After a bright start to the season, Arsenal have seen slump in their form. Winless in their last 4 English Premier League games, Arsenal host strugglers Southampton on Saturday with an eye on breaking into the top 5. The international break should have given them a much-needed boost, as they lost 2-0 to Leicester in their last game.
Meanwhile, Southampton can also consider that they have progressed in the last 2 games. Since losing 9-0 to Leicester, they have lost the next 2 league games by 2-1.
Arsenal’s performance in EPL 2019:
Dani Ceballos is still out for Arsenal with a hamstring injury sustained before the international break.
Granit Xhaka played for Switzerland during the break but is unlikely to feature for the Gunners on Saturday.
Arsenal supporters will finally hope to see Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney started a league game together.
Sokratis will hope for a recall after losing his place in the team against Leicester before the break.
Unai Emery needs to find a system where Nicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang all start.
Arsenal are likely to use 4-2-3-1 formation.
Southampton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Michael Obafemi withdrew from Ireland’s U-21 squad through injury during the international break and remains a doubt for Southampton here.
Cedric Soares recovered from injury before the international break and Ralph Hasenhuttl will also recover Ryan Bertrand from suspension this weekend.
Southampton can’t stop leaking goals at the moment and Hasenhuttl needs to settle on his best defence as quickly as possible.
Southampton will use 3-4-3 formation.
Arsenal vs Southampton: Predicted Line-up
Bernd Leno; Hector Bellerin, Sokratis, David Luiz, Kieran Tierney; Lucas Torreira, Mattero Guendouzi; Mesut Ozil Nicolas Pepe, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang; Alexandre Lacazette.
Alex McCarthy; Cedric, Jan Bednarek, Jack Stephens, Jannik Vestergaard; Ryan Bertrand, James Ward-Prowse, Oriol Romeu, Yan Valery; Danny Ings, Nathan Redmond, Moussa Djenepo.
EPL 2019: Arsenal vs Southampton prediction
- Sixth-placed Arsenal are seeking their first win in five matches after slipping eight points outside the top four. The Gunners have only won two of their last 10 Premier League matches but a home game against Southampton is the first thing they would have asked to recover from such slump.
- Southampton have lost six of their last seven league matches, including last 3, and are now only one point off last place but might find themselves there at the end of the week.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 24 home league matches against Southampton (W18 D6), since November 1987 and the streak might extend for another year.
- The Gunners have won their last 32 Premier League home matches against sides starting the day in the relegation zone. Their last such defeat came against West Ham United in April 2007. They might survive another day.
- Seven of the eight points earned by Southampton this season, or 88 per cent, have come in away matches. A positive ahead of the game but the points should stay that way.
- Danny Ings has scored in five Premier League matches this EPL 2019 but is yet to win any of them (D1 L4). Given, Arsenal’s vulnerability in the back, he might find the back of the net once again.
- Southampton have been losing at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 7 matches (Premier League).
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Southampton’s last 7 games (Premier League). With the not so strong back force that both the side possess, the record might see another game. Also, Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Southampton in all competitions.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Arsenal’s last 6 games (Premier League). This might not survive the test on Saturday.
- Southampton have conceded at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches (Premier League).
- Arsenal are undefeated in their last 7 home matches (Premier League).
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 8 goals so far in the league and might be able to score once again.