English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Chelsea vs Aston Villa
December 5, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
A 1-0 loss to West Ham on Saturday denied Chelsea the chance to join Manchester City on the 3rd spot. A home game against Aston Villa to start the busy period is as bad as it could have been. However, they must need to regroup themselves quickly or else Spurs are approaching the top 4 at a really fast pace.
Meanwhile, Villa travel to Stamford Bridge having recorded four points from their last two fixtures against Newcastle United and Manchester United, a run that saw them move to 15th in the table.
Chelsea’s performance in EPL 2019:
Tammy Abraham, who helped fire Aston Villa to promotion last season on loan, will be eager to recover in time to face his former club following his hip injury and should be in line to replace the ineffective Olivier Giroud.
Antonio Rudiger and Ross Barkley are both nearing fitness but are less likely to be involved, while Ruben Loftus-Cheek remains a long term absentee.
Having been surprisingly rested from kick-off in defeat to West Ham both N’Golo Kante and Willian will surely return to the side, with Cesar Azpilicueta and Callum Hudson-Odoi also pushing for starts.
They are likely to return to 4-3-3 formation.
Aston Villa’s performance in EPL 2019:
Dean Smith will be forced into at least one change for the trip to Stamford Bridge, with Ahmed Elmohamady replacing Frederic Guilbert after the Frenchman picked up his fifth booking of the season on Sunday.
However, Anwar El Ghazi was forced off early on against Manchester United and is unlikely to be fit for the coming weeks, while some rotation should be expected having fielded the same line-up in back-to-back matches ahead of a busy period.
Marvelous Nakamba will be in line to return to the team in order to solidify the midfield, with both Douglas Luiz and Conor Hourihane at risk, while Bjorn Engels is back fit and competing with Ezri Konsa to partner Tyrone Mings at the back.
They are also likely to use 4-3-3.
Chelsea vs Aston Villa: Predicted Line-up
Kepa Arrizabalaga; Cesar Azpilicueta, Kurt Zouma, Fikayo Tomori, Emerson Palmieri; Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Mateo Kovacic; Willian, Christian Pulisic, Tammy Abraham.
Tom Heaton; Ahmed El Mohamady; Ezri Konsa, Tyrone Mings, Matt Targett; John McGinn, Marvelous Nakamba, Conor Hourihane; Trezeguet, Jack Grealish, Wesley.
EPL 2019: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Prediction
- Chelsea have won 8 of their last 9 matches against Aston Villa in all competitions. They have been winning at both half time and full time in the last 4 such matches.
- Chelsea have seen over 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 10 matches against Aston Villa in all competitions, having scored at least 2 goals in 9 of these 10 games. Meanwhile, there have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Aston Villa’s last 9 Premier League games.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea’s last 4 English Premier League home games. They have kept a clean sheet in 2 of these 4 games while failed to score themselves in 1.
- Aston Villa have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 away Premier League matches.
- Chelsea have won their last 4 games against Aston Villa by an aggregate of 15-1. They have never won 5 consecutive league games against them at Stamford Bridge.
- Aston Villa have picked up just 1 point from their last 39 available against sides starting in top 4.