English Premier League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Crystal Palace vs Liverpool
November 23, 2019,
Selhurst Park, London
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Leaders Liverpool are looking for their fourth straight Premier League victory, and their fourth in a row at Selhurst Park as they travel to face Crystal Palace on Saturday. They lead Leicester and Chelsea by 8 points, while their real threat is expected to come from Manchester City, who are 1 point further behind.
Meanwhile, Crystal Palace are aiming to avoid a third successive defeat against a top-three club, having lost 2-0 to both Leicester City and Chelsea in their latest outings.
Crystal Palace’s performance in EPL 2019:
A foot injury forced Wilfried Zaha off in Crystal Palace’s 2-0 defeat to Chelsea before the international break and former Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson will be desperate to have his star man available here.
Former Liverpool centre-back Mamadou Sakho will miss out once more for the Eagles, while Connor Wickham remains sidelined.
Should Joel Ward fail to recover from a groin injury in time, former Martin Kelly will start at right-back against his former club on Saturday.
Another former Liverpool player, Christian Benteke, may have to settle for a place on the bench despite scoring twice for Belgium on Tuesday.
Andros Townsend or Jeffrey Schlupp will occupy one of the wide areas, unless Zaha fails to recover from injury in time, in which case both will start.
Hodgson is likely to field a 4-5-1 formation.
Liverpool’s performance in EPL 2019:
Liverpool saw a number of players forced out of the international break and will have to check on those ahead of Saturday’s trip to Selhurst Park.
Illness kept Jordan Henderson out of England’s final Euro 2020 qualifier, while Joe Gomez had to withdraw from the Three Lions’ squad with a knee injury picked up in training.
It has been reported neither Mohamed Salah nor Andrew Robertson are expected to recover from ankle injuries in time to make it this weekend.
Xherdan Shaqiri is at least back in training for Liverpool and will hope to take Salah’s spot in the team, but it’s more likely Mane will swap over to the right wing and Divock Origi will come in on the left. James Milner is the obvious replacement for Robertson, meanwhile.
Virgil van Dijk withdrew from the Netherlands squad for personal reasons last weekend but should be available for Jurgen Klopp’s side here.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been in terrific form of late but may have to settle for a place on the bench at Selhurst Park.
Jurgen Klopp will stick to his preferred 4-3-3 formation.
Arsenal vs Southampton: Predicted Line-up
Wayne Hennessey; Martin Kelly, James Tomkins, Gary Cahill, Patrick Van Aanholt; Andros Townsend, James McArthur, Luka Milivojevic, James McCarthy, Wilfried Zaha; Jordan Ayew.
Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Dejan Lovren, Virgil van Dijk, James Milner; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum; Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi.
EPL 2019: Crystal Palace vs Liverpool prediction
- Luka Milivojević has created more chances (15) and made more interceptions (24) in the Premier League than any other Palace player this EPL 2019.
- Sadio Mane has scored more Premier League goals (7) than any other Liverpool player this EPL 2019. He can become the third Liverpool player to score in five consecutive Premier League matches against an opponent, after Michael Owen against Newcastle United and Luis Suarez against Norwich City.
- Palace are aiming to avoid losing against Liverpool for the first time in five Premier League contests. Also, the Eagles haven’t lost a third consecutive home league match since March 2018, but the third fixture in that run came against Liverpool, with a 2-1 defeat.
- Liverpool have had more different goalscorers than any other side in the Premier League this season, with 13, while Palace have had the fewest, with four. It means 72 per cent of the 18 outfield players Liverpool have used have found the net, another league-high.
- Liverpool have won 20 of their last 21 Premier League matches. Expect them to do so once again.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 19 of these 21 games. Though Salah might miss the game, Liverpool should be able to score 2 once again.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 10 of Liverpool’s last 12 Premier League games. Again, it’s more because of their attacking threats than the opposition team scoring. It is likely to happen again.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Crystal Palace’s last 6 Premier League home games, a run that is at risk.
- Crystal Palace have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches (Premier League).
- Crystal Palace are winless in their last four matches- they have played Manchester City, Arsenal, Leicester and Chelsea in that time. They have conceded exactly two goals in each of those matches.