EPL Predictions 2019: Liverpool vs Brighton
November 30, 2019,
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Liverpool, currently top of the table of EPL 2019, eight points clear of second-placed Leicester City, host Brighton with an eye on equalling their best-ever unbeaten run of 31 matches in top-flight history if they avoid defeat at Anfield.
Meanwhile, Graham Potter’s Brighton & Hove Albion look to return to winning ways after suffering back-to-back defeats to Manchester United and Leicester.
Liverpool’s performance in EPL 2019:
Fabinho left Anfield with a protective boot on Wednesday after suffering an ankle injury in Liverpool’s 1-1 draw with Napoli and the Reds face a nervous wait to determine the full extent of the problem.
Naby Keita will also be assessed, but Nathaniel Clyne and Joel Matip sit out the welcome of Brighton.
Mohamed Salah played no part in Liverpool’s 2-1 win at Crystal Palace last week, but should return to the XI, which would see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain drop into midfield to cover for Fabinho.
Possible starting lineup: Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Dejan Lovren, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Jordan Henderson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Georginio Wijnaldum; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane.
Brighton’s performance in EPL 2019:
Aaron Connolly is back in training and should make the squad but this weekend will come too soon for Bernardo. Solly March is a doubt with a slight groin injury.
However, Jose Izquierdo is a long-term absentee for Brighton boss Graham Potter as the forward recovers from a knee injury.
Lewis Dunk returns from suspension, and his availability is a timely boost for Potter, while Pascal Groß may come in for Aaron Mooy from the side that started the 2-0 loss to Leicester.
Brighton are likely to use a 3-4-3 formation.
Possible starting lineup: Mat Ryan; Dan Burn, Shane Duffy, Lewis Dunk; Martin Montoya, Davy Propper, Dale Stephens, Solly March; Neal Maupay, Pascal Groß, Leandro Trossard.
Today’s Football Match Prediction:
- Liverpool have won their last 13 Premier League matches at Anfield, their longest such run in the competition. The Reds did, however, enjoy their best ever run of 21 consecutive top-flight home victories between January and December 1972.
- Brighton aim to end a run of seven successive defeats in all competitions to Liverpool, during which they have conceded 22 goals and scored just five.
- Sadio Mane has scored 17 goals in his last 16 Premier League outings at Anfield. Indeed, since the start of last season his total of 22 goals at home is more than any other player in the Premier League.
- Since a 3-0 victory at Watford on the opening weekend, Brighton have not won in their five subsequent Premier League away matches (L4), losing each of their last three. The Seagulls last lost four in a row on the road between May and August 2018, the fourth match of which was at Liverpool.
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 44 Premier League home matches. Liverpool might be too strong for Brighton to overturn this.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 20 of their last 22 Premier League matches. Expect them to add to this tally.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Brighton in all competitions. This, however, might not happen given how shaky they have been in the recent games.
- Brighton have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 3 away matches in Premier League.
Follow our Blog for your Daily Fantasy Football Fix