EPL Predictions 2019: Liverpool vs Wolves
December 29, 2019,
Liverpool will host a Wolves side full on confidence during their Premier League clash on Sunday. Liverpool had a dream Christmas. They won the Club World Cup and have opened up a 13-point lead on top of the PL table with a game in hand. They thrashed Leicester in their last game.
Meanwhile, Wolves came from behind to beat Man City 3-2 on Friday night to break into the top 5. Their brilliant run against the ‘big 6’ make it an awesome game on papers. However, Liverpool had an extra day rest and also have far better depth compared to Wolves.
Liverpool performance in EPL 2019:
Liverpool will wear the golden Badge of FIFA World Champions in the Premier League against Wolves at Anfield on Sunday.
Given the manner of Liverpool’s lead in the title race, coupled with the amount of games they have played in quick succession, on different continents, over the festive period, do not be surprised to see Jurgen Klopp shuffle his pack here.
Klopp doesn’t have many options in defence, however, unless James Milner drops in at right or left-back to give Trent Alexander-Arnold or Andrew Robertson, respectively, a rest.
The likes of Adam Lallana, Xherdan Shaqiri and Divock Origi will hope to get rare starts if changes are made for Sunday, though Wolves represent a very difficult task.
Jordan Henderson suffered a cut leg in the win over Leicester on Boxing Day but Klopp afterwards insisted the injury was nothing serious and that his captain wanted to stay on. He may give him a rest here, however.
Liverpool predicted XI: Alisson; Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson; Naby Keita, James Milner, Georginio Wijnaldum; Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane.
Wolves performance in EPL 2019:
Nuno will have to check on the fitness levels of his players after they gave absolutely everything to beat Manchester City 3-2 on Friday night.
It would be a shame for the spectacle if the quick turnaround between matches prevents Wolves from fielding players like Adama Traore and Raul Jimenez at Anfield.
Willy Boly (ankle) and Morgan Gibbs-White (back) are out.
Jonny looked in trouble against Man City and might be replaced by Ruben Vinagre
Wolves predicted XI: Rui Patricio; Leander Dendoncker, Conor Coady, Romain Saiss; Matt Doherty, Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Ruben Vinagre; Adama Traore, Raul Jimenez, Diogo Jota.
EPL 2019: Liverpool vs Wolves
- The Wolves have picked up 14 points from losing positions in PL this season, more than any other side in the division.
- Liverpool have won their last 16 home matches in PL.
- Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 16 home matches in PL.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Liverpool’s last 9 PL games.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 PL matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Wolves’ last 4 PL games.
- Wolves are undefeated in 13 of their last 14 PL matches.
- Wolves have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 away PL matches.
- Wolves have won 6, drawn 6 and lost 6 of their last 18 games against ‘Big 6’.
- Wolves’ Raul Jimenez has been directly involved in 26 goals in all competitions this season (17 goals, nine assists) – more than any other Premier League player.