EPL Predictions 2019: Manchester United vs Burnley
January 23, 2020, Old Trafford, Manchester
Manchester United host Burnley as they look to bounce back from their loss to Liverpool which denied them a chance to close the gap on top 4.
Manchester United were very much second best against Liverpool on Sunday and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will look to the welcome of Burnley to get their top-four push back on track. United are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with Burnley, but have drawn their last three home clashes with the Clarets.
A 2-1 win over Leicester ended a four-match losing run for Burnley and saw them open up a five-point gap between themselves and the relegation zone. The Clarets have lost four of their last six away league matches, failing to score in those four matches, and have won only twice on the road this season.
Manchester United performance in the English Premier League 2019:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been dealt a blow in that Marcus Rashford is out for at least the next six weeks and he joins Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay, Marcos Rojo and Axel Tuanzebe on the sidelines.
Timothy Fosu-Mensah is a doubt, but Eric Bailly was at least fit enough for the bench on Sunday, which is a boost.
Mason Greenwood and Juan Mata could both come into the side having started the loss at Liverpool on the bench.
Despite contributing 11 strikes in all competitions, Anthony Martial has scored just once from his last four starts, potentially leaving Solskjaer to contemplate moving the attacker out wide to accommodate Mason Greenwood.
Man United predicted XI:
David De Gea; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Brandon Williams; Nemanja Matic, Fred; Daniel James, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial; Mason Greenwood.
Burnley performance in the English Premier League 2019:
Sean Dyche is without only Ashley Barnes and Johann Gudmundsson for the trip to Manchester United.
The Burnley boss could name the same XI that started the 2-1 win over Leicester on Sunday.
Burnley predicted XI:
Nick Pope; Phil Bardsley, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Charlie Taylor; Jeff Hendrick, Ashley Westwood, Jack Cork, Dwight McNeil; Jay Rodriguez, Chris Wood
Today’s Football Match Prediction:
- Man Utd have drawn their last 3 home matches against Burnley in all competitions.
- Man Utd have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 matches against Burnley in all competitions.
- Man Utd are undefeated in their last 9 home matches in PL.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Man Utd’s last 6 home games in PL.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Burnley’s last 3 games in PL.
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 home matches in PL.
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Burnley in all competitions.
- Chris Wood has scored 9 goals for Burnley in the PL this season.
- Man United are looking to do the league double against Burnley for the first time since the 1975-76 campaign, following their 2-0 win at Turf Moor last month.