EPL Predictions 2019: Manchester United vs Tottenham
December 5, 2019,
Old Trafford, Manchester United Chelsea
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Jose Mourinho returns to ex club Manchester United as Tottenham Hotspur travel to Manchester continue his winning start at Spurs. 2 points and 4 places separate Spurs from their host with the winner likely to stay/break into top 6.
United have failed to win either of their last two fixtures in the Premier League while former boss Jose Mourinho has won his opening three games in charge of Spurs. Tottenham certainly have the momentum heading into Wednesday’s match and Mourinho will be desperate to get a victory against his old club, which would surely push Ole Gunnar Solskjaer closer to the sack.
Manchester United’s performance in EPL 2019:
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be desperate to welcome back at least one of Paul Pogba or Scott McTominay on Wednesday night.
Jesse Lingard could take Andreas Pereira’s place in the team against Tottenham, while Luke Shaw may replace Brandon Williams at left-back.
United are likely to use a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Possible starting lineup: David De Gea; Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw; Scott McTominay, Fred; Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford; Anthony Martial.
Tottenham’s performance in EPL 2019:
Tottenham will be without four players for Wednesday’s trip to Old Trafford.
Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele are in competition for a starting berth in midfield.
Moussa Sissoko and Lucas Moura are in competition for a place on the wing.
Spurs are likely to use a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Danny Rose could be preferred to Jan Vertonghen at left-back, with Mourinho wary of United’s pace down the flanks.
Possible starting lineup: Paulo Gazzaniga; Serge Aurier, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose; Eric Dier, Tanguy Ndombele; Lucas Moura, Dele Alli, Son Heung-Min; Harry Kane.
EPL match predictions - Man Utd vs Tottenham:
- Spurs have conceded exactly 2 goals in each match under Jose Mourinho.
- Harry Kane has 7 goals in this English Premier League season so far and might add to it. Meanwhile Son Heung-min has scored 4 goals and set up 6 more.
- Marcus Rashford has scored 7 goals and also has 4 assists and might add to them.
- Wednesday’s fixture will represent the 192nd competitive encounter between the two clubs, with United winning 91 times in comparison to Spurs registering 52 victories of their own.
- Ten matches have been played since there was a draw in this fixture, a run which began when the clubs played out a stalemate at White Hart Lane in December 2014.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Tottenham’s last 7 away Premier League games. They have conceded at least 2 goals in 6 of those 7 matches.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd’s last 3 Premier League games. They have scored at least 2 goals in these 3 matches.
- Man Utd are undefeated in their last 5 home Premier League matches.
- United has won 3 and lost 4 of their last 7 home games against Spurs, including the same fixture last season.
- Spurs have lost more league games against Man United than they have against any other side in the competition.
- After the home sides winning 7 games, last season saw the away sides winning the games