English Premere League Match Prediction (EPL 2019): Norwich vs Arsenal
December 1, 2019,
Carrow Road, Norwich
For all the fantasy football geeks out there, we share prediction tips of league matches that will give them a better shot at predicting and winning. Starting with EPL 2019.
Arsenal take on Norwich City in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon with Freddie Ljungberg taking charge of his first game since replacing Unai Emery on an interim basis.
Norwich ended a seven-match winless run at Everton last weekend and they’ll look to claim another scalp when they welcome Arsenal to Carrow Road.
Arsenal are 8th in the table at the moment while Norwich are in the relegation zone. However, only 8 points separate the sides, the same difference that Arsenal have with top 4.
Norwich’s performance in EPL 2019:
Timm Klose and Josip Drmic all sit out the welcome of Arsenal.
Grant Hanley (groin) is getting nearer to a first-team return but Sunday’s match is too soon.
Jamal Lewis (knee) returned to team training for Norwich this week and will be monitored but Alex Tettey is unavailable for personal reasons.
Daniel Farke will hope to have Todd Cantwell (knock) available for selection as he looks at the possibility of naming the same XI that won at Everton last weekend.
They are likely to field a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Arsenal’s performance in EPL 2019:
Freddie Ljungberg takes over as interim boss following Unai Emery’s sacking on Friday.
The Swede is without Dani Ceballos (hamstring) for the trip to Norwich, while David Luiz (bruised ribs), Shkodran Mustafi (bruised foot) and Hector Bellerin (hamstring) will all be assessed.
However, Sead Kolasinac (hamstring) is available for selection.
Calum Chambers could therefore deputise at centre-back alongside Sokratis, while Konstantinos Mavropanos is also an option.
They are likely to use a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Norwich vs Arsenal: Predicted Line-up
Tim Krul; Max Aarons, Christoph Zimmermann, Ben Godfrey, Sam Byram; Alexander Tettey, Tom Trybull; Kenny McLean, Todd Cantwell, Onel Hernandez; Teemu Pukki.
Bernd Leno; Hector Bellerin, Calum Chambers, Sokratis, Kieran Tierney; Granit Xhaka, Matteo Guendouzi; Nicolas Pepe, Joe Willock, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang; Alexandre Lacazette.
EPL 2019: Norwich vs Arsenal Prediction
- Norwich have been losing at both half time and full time in their last 3 home matches in Premier League.
- Norwich have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 matches against Arsenal in all competitions. However, they have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5 home matches in Premier League.
- Norwich have lost their last 3 home matches in the Premier League. However, they are unbeaten in 50 per cent of their Premier League meetings with Arsenal, losing eight of their 16 previous encounters.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Norwich’s last 3 games in the Premier League. Also, there have been under 2.5 goals scored in Arsenal’s last 3 away games Premier League.
- Arsenal are undefeated in their last 6 matches against Norwich in all competitions.
- The Gunners have won only once in their eight away matches, but the appointment of Freddie Ljungberg in an interim capacity will prove a boost.
- Emiliano Buendia has provided more assists (four) for the Canaries without finding the net for himself than any other Premier League player this EPL 2019.
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil scored his first ever Premier League goals against Norwich, netting twice in a 4-1 win at the Emirates in October 2013. To date, it’s the only time he’s scored more than once in a match in the competition.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 80 per cent of Arsenal’s away goals in the Premier League this season, with four out of five. He has also netted eight goals in his 10 appearances against promoted sides for the Gunners.